Shawn C

How to get from an EPS to a vinyl sticker

Can anyone run me through the steps of how i get from an imported EPS to a vinyl sticker?

I have attached the SBD and I want to print the one on the upper right. I imorted an eps that had 3 images on it.

How do I crop to just the one I want to cut?

How do I size it to 9" wide?

When I click cutter it just shows as a big black rectangle with nothing on it.

I want to cut it in white vinyl.

If someone would be kind enough to open the SBD and then outline the steps you took to get it to be ready to print I would be most grateful. I have read so much and can't find anyone that covers what I thought would be simple.

Thanks,

Shawn

UNTITLED.SBD

UNTITLED.SBD

Shawn,

The file is a quite a bit messed up.  Going to try and save just the image  you are looking for.  It may need some cleaning up.  Hope it helps.

Jenny

shawnc1.SBD

shawnc1.SBD

I appreciate the help. I had an artist friend of mine look at the EPS and fix it up because he said it was messed up.

Shawn

OK. I actually got this thing to cut the very first time I tried it and I even set the blade at the right depth but...

when looking at the machine from the front the vinyl feeds through on the left side where the scale starts at 0. The problem I have is the cutter has the blade on the right so the furthest to 0 it can cut is at 7mm. So my first design, ya i went big, was 10" wide on 12" paper and when the cutter went all the way to the left to cut that part it hit the red button and stopped everything.

So....

How do I set it up so that doesn't happen, it seems kinda odd that the scale starts at 0 but the cutter can't get lower than 7 cm. I thought I would tell it that the paper was 14" wide, even though it is 12", and just not put anything to cut on the last 2". But that is a work around and not a solution, so what am I missing?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Shawn

If you zero your cutter out on the edge of your vinyl and set the width of your vinyl in the cut menu it should let you use the entire width. I usually center the vinyl on the cutter and don't even look at the numbers.

Not sure why your loading the vinyl on the left side looking from the front. All plotters start from the right unless your using the wrong driver. If your origin is set correctly, try a different driver. I've seen this in other prog's but not in SignBlazer.

I just assumed since that end of the scale said 0 that that is where you start from. I did what jay2703 said and just ran it down the middle and reset the cutter to right edge of the vinyl and it has worked perfectly for all 5 signs today. So I think I have it licked.

Thanks.