maryann

Need Help with a New Project

I need some assistance with my first project using my new US Cutter MH 721 and Signcut.  I am late in getting this job done . It should be simple. I can email a sample to someone . I need step by step help.  Dennis& MaryAnn 908-770-9103  or Email Dencal26@optonline.net

Any Help is appreciated,

You can post it here exactly what you need to do and we can all contribute advice on how to do it so that others may be able to utlize this information as well...

you can click additional options on your post, or you can upload it to www.divshare.com and upload unlimited size file, and then share the link here

Guest fivestar

Like Tater said, we can help out better if more people see what's the problem.

Guest fivestar

I don't know exactly what kind of help you are needing, but yes it should be very simple to cut.

wow, 120... thats great for your first project.

if you know what font it is, that would be great, or else you will have to find the font or something similar...

How I would go about this is to construct a template, and just change the numbers.

What software do you have at your disposal?  Only Inkscape and SignCut?

The Font is BOOKMAN . Letters are 1 3/4 INCH  Numbers are 3.5 Inch and the White Lines are 6inch by 1/4" think.  Easy is all relative to ones experience . I have my machine  2 days lol  :'(

Well, There are somethings that you will need to become familiar with... Especially if you have had your plotter for such a short period.

Vectors, is basically lines, that the cutter uses to cut.  You will have to construct these for the crosses and lines.

Centering. under object>align and distribute.  This is a function that keeps all your vectors nice and neat. 

Grouping.  For example, you have two verticle cross lines, and 2 horizontal cross lines.  you will more then likely want to group some of these together in steps, that was you can center evertyhing up nice and neatly.

I made and posted a quick video for your assistance, but i will be unavaliable for the remainder of the evening because im going to hit up the bar.

I apoligize for the quickness of these instructions, but im sort of in a hurry.

Start by drawing one of your cross lines in inkscape.

Size it by the bar at the top

Then goto edit>copy

Then goto edit>paste

Now you will have two identical vectors.

Set the width between them and then goto object, then highlight both of then, then align and distribute.  Click on the one that centers it on the length of it. then goto object, then group.

you should have them both selected now, and when you clikc on one, it highlights them all.

goto edit copy, then paste

now take your new set of vectors and goto object, rotate 90?

now, select both sets, or select all, then goto align and distribute again, and center on the verticle, and horizontal axis, group them all together,

now for the top bar, make it and size it, select all and center it at the top,

now you can enter your desired text to the template and just change the numbers once you have cut a set or whatever.

You enter your text, and center it all the same way, but you dont need to group anything here.

this way, you can just click on the text tool to change the numbers or whatnot.

sorry for this being so vauge, hopefully this helps you out.

This link may work for the video, not too sure tho, as it is still complete the upload, and im walking out the door..  http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=oTJrY9FTN34&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//sjl-static5.sjl.youtube.com/vi/oTJrY9FTN34/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskKnRLnKKlfaTuFFKvMPETgw

-Jason

if it states that video is unavaliable, its still completeing, try later, and it should work

Yes it came available a while later.  Hard to see the buttons you are hitting on U Tube. But great general idea.  Thanks.  I am sure I will be working all day Sunday to get it right.  :

We have also posted some videos of the basics under the FAQ section of the uscutter.com web site.