Sign in to follow this  
tictac3410

New user with new machine

I just recently bought a Laser Point and I am having some trouble with it already.  When I go to cut the software says can not open the output device.  Error Initilaing cutter. Can anyone help?

Click Cutter, then Setup in SignBlazer. Make sure the Cutter is the USCutter LaserPoint. Make sure the OutPut Device is the only selection that says Blazer COM#: USB Serial Port, and then click OK, then turn the cutter off and back on, and try to cut again.

ok this is what it says when i go into setup output device: Blazer.COM1-Communictaions Port and when i go into my computers device manager it says Communication port (COM1)

i figured it out thanks i reinstalled the USB driver disk again it must not have taken the first time. Thanks so much for your help

Just wanted to throw in that I had to do the same thing, install it a second time.  When I finished the first installation window, there was another behind it, I just closed it, figured i had double-clutched it.

Didnt appear in devices, unplugged and re-plugged machine, same procedure, no problems at all. Running USB, BTW.