Guest demuxer86

Can't make contour of all lines

Guest demuxer86

I have a DXF that i imported, and it looks fine until I try to make the contour.   It doesn't select all of the lines, no matter what I do.  What you see in blue is the only thing it will cut.    Pulling my hair out here.   I have VM Cut, and I have also tried DSM.  

image.png.ced78c8e61feb57304c7e48a814653d6.png

DXF files are not really cutter friendly. They look like a constant line, but they are actually several line segments and are typically not joined. VM can't do a contour, because it doesn't see a shape to contour cut around. You will need to join all the segments in order to create a shape. I might be as simple as joining the 3 areas circled below or you might need to join every single little line segment. Some software has the ability to automatically join line segments that are close enough, although this can give some funky results some times. I believe Inkscape has this ability.

If you can get the file as an eps, ai, or svg rather than a dxf that would be the easiest way to go.

image.png.ced78c8e61feb57304c7e48a814653d6.png.518423248f3fab17c5472541aec4ceb5.png

• Like 2

It depends on the actual dxf file. The truck is, they need to be imported woth the shapes joined as polylines and not exploded. It looks like the dxf you got came to you in the exploded state so when you imported it in VM, it tool a chunk off the main profule depending on the accuracy you selected on your VM sofrware.

Would you mind sharing your file here and I can have a look on the file for you??

I work with dxf all the times and use Flexi for the cutyer. Never had any problems.

Another thing I can think of is the AutoCAD version dxf file is saved as.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.