Sign in to follow this  
lenmcc

signcut weeding box placement

I just starting using SignCut and I'm not comprehending the weeding box...  The top of my graphic is a straight line.  I want a box around the graphic, so I put in a value for the weeding box.  Then sometimes the straight line of the graphic shares the line of the weeding box, while the rest of the graphic looks spaced properly.  Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's not, and I haven't been able to duplicate what I'm doing.  I tried the help directions, but still no luck.  Thanks!

Sorry, I had trouble attaching these.  Since the first post, I figured out that the image size changes the way SignCut places the image in the weed box.  If I have the size set to 140mm, I get the weed box below.  If I set the size to 200mm, for example, I get the weed box above (graphic centered like I want it).  I tried adjusting settings with no luck.  I'm 99% positive I've cut these at 140mm with the image centered before though, and to the best of my knowledge, I haven't changed anything.

post-2072-12986520180865_thumb.jpg

post-2072-12986520193747_thumb.jpg

I still haven't figured this out.  With the length set to 148mm I get the bottom weeding box, 149mm I get the one on top.  Any ideas?

Good question, I have no idea. Could you click on Help, then About SignCut and let me know which version you are running? This may be a good question for the SignCut guru, Kimon.

Would someone point this newbie to where I can lear "what" a weeing box is?  My PCUT is on the way.

Thanks

A weed border is just a box around the outside of the file you are cutting to make it easier to weed out the stuff you don't want.