Ok I just got a titan 2 after owning a vinyl express a long time ago. Been out the game about 6 years. On my old machine I could load vinyl and hit enter and it would size my vinyl so I knew what size media I had to work with. Does the titan do this or am I missing something. So far I just load it and guess lol 

No, it does not measure your vinyl width..   I have a Graphtec FC that measures the media width.  I disabled it  day 1.  Don't you know the size of the vinyl that you are using?  LOL . (Consider a tape measure on the front of the cutter.)  And I use plenty of scraps at different widths.  I don't need them measured. I write the measurements  on them before I store them away. That is what I am choosing for my order, as I have many scraps rolled up.   By not measuring I can put the blade very close to the vinyl edge and not be wasting vinyl. I never saw a need for it.  Plus wasting my time, of measuring.   Vinyl Express  sold by Signwarehouse is a Graphtec rebranded, much more expensive and sophisticated. A Titan vinyl cutter is a rebranded Saga vinyl cutter.   

I guess I have a lot to learn on how to load it. If I understand right once you load the media then you have to tell the cutter where to start cutting?

That's just part of the loading process, get the vinyl and cutting head positioned then hit the origin button, or what ever it's called on the Titan, and you're good to go.

• Like 1

Graphtecs do not have any tape measures. Or  places to line up anything.  Make sure your vinyl is straight when loading. I put each pinch roller wheel about 1.5 inches in from from vinyl edge.  Put the carriage head where you want it.   ( 30" Graphtecs only have 2 pinch rollers.)  Prefeed the vinyl for the order. So you have enough vinyl slack from the roll to do the order.  Push the ORIGIN button before sending the design. You do that on any vinyl cutter. 

• Like 1