haumana

Scanner opinions ...

I'm in the process of looking for a new flat bed scanner. Anyone would there have any suggestions for good ones, or ones that I should steer clear of? It doesn't need to have a super high resolution, but something decent would be nice. I think I can budget it up to $300 - $350.

from my experience with scanners, and i have owned a lot of them; canon, lexmark, epson, brother, i think epson or canon has the best ones on the market. i have a brother aoi and an epson, the epson scans r 200% better than brother or hp the ones that i know of.

in the past everytime i was looking for a new or better scanner i was always told to get the epson by different companies.

hope this helps.

For that price range you can get some good all in ones, if you are interested in that.

I got an HP one and reallly like it.  Other than I feel it scans slow, it does what I need.

Jenny

Office Depot is probably your best bet or Best buy.

I would steer clear of Ebay on something like that.

The sellers there will sell you a reconditioned one as new and it's not worth the risk.

I agree ....office depot is great and my first choice always.

I have a Visioneer that has been great, still works after 4 years. I like the 'one touch' features.

I hear that Canon makes a good one. It depends on what you want to do with it. If you ever plan to scan slides, get one that is designed with that in mind and has the option. $200 or less should get you a great scanner.

Actually I would check out www.newegg.com before going to office depot or best buy. I've been buying form them for years.

remember that the lady is is Hawaii. Shipping might be what breaks the camel's back.

I swear by my Canon.  2nd one I've owned and loved them both.  Think I got it from New Egg or SuperWarehouse very economically and I'm in Alaska.  They are very lightweight to ship.

I'm not a Canon salesman but my cameras, camcorder,scanner/printer,and binoculars....all canon.... great opticals

Mahalo everyone! I've owned an Epson scanner before, and liked the results, but that scanner is long gone and now I'm in need of a new one. I was considering going back to Epson, but admittedly I wasn't fond of their software, but it sure did scan my slides and 35mm negatives beautifully. I don't think I'll have the need for that in this day of digital photos, but just wanted to see what others were using and if they either love it or hate it.

I will definitely take a look at canon scanner too!

Mahalo!!!

thankyou.gif

CANON....

Been using canons for a long time strayed once or twice but back to CANON

mark-s

The last two I have owned have been HP. I currently have a 5550 that works well. It has the sheet feeder and the transparency adapter for 35mm slides and negatives.

Guest Terry

I have HP two of them, been great. Stay away from all in one junk... scan, print, copy, fax.