JoeCamaro

Designs: where/how do you get your inspiration?

For those of you who design, where or how do you get your inspiration?

I get inspired by daily stuff, local phrases and music. Sometimes I hear a phrase or word and I make a design for it (take for example the bipolar design) other times I get the inspiration from music (Walk the Dinosaur for example).

Many of my designs are based on daily Puerto Rican words and phrases, things that we say that are funny when illustrated. 

I never sit down to try o come up with an idea, they always come in the least expected moment, when Im having fun, or talking to someone.

How about you?

Joe

I'm not much of a design... if any at all, but usually if I come up with an idea... by the time I make it to a computer to design it, it either has been lost, or didn't come out as good as I had imagined, lol.

My daughter and myself I would say get most of our inspiration almost the same way Joe.  Every day we are exposed to so many things.  Sometimes a phrase is all it takes to get thinking.  Sarah gets most of hers from music and just plain thinking!  ;D

Right now with the economy difficult I have been thinking of ideas of light hearted designs.  Many 'ideas' never materialize though, which sortof stinks.

Jenny

I'm a left brainer, almost no creativity unless it's something McGyver-ish, then I can ususally hold my own.

Usually any creativity that I am actually able to come up with is usually when I'm driving (and probably being an impatient driver), or getting bad service (stores, restaurants, etc.). Then I can come up with all kinds of creative things ... but I think that's probably best left for the mature section of the forum  :o

Guest fivestar

haumana where you been, everyone was worried about you  :o You know you MUST check in here at least once a day.  Joe I get my inspirations from you.  :o:) :)

I get my inspiration from seeing my bank account getting low and for my designs, I steal everything. MY talent lies in application,not theory.

I get my inspiration from seeing my bank account getting low and for my designs, I steal everything. MY talent lies in application,not theory.

This pretty much how I get  most of mine. I am not exactly creative, never have been and probably never will be.

:o  I'm the same way for the first part (when you're broke, everything is fair game!!) ... although I think I have far more theory than I ever will apply.

Although I do notice that when the bank account is low I theorize how much I should be marking up some of the hardware/software I resell and will usually apply that to the billing invoice. Does that count? Hahahaha.

Guest fivestar

:o  I'm the same way for the first part (when you're broke, everything is fair game!!) ... although I think I have far more theory than I ever will apply.

Although I do notice that when the bank account is low I theorize how much I should be marking up some of the hardware/software I resell and will usually apply that to the billing invoice. Does that count? Hahahaha.

You too huh?  :o I always do the same thing.  Normally I don't ever have any $$$$ so my customers are almost always billed on the high side.

a lot of my inspirations comes from family and friends. they're always coming up with something and they're usually good ideas. but if i ask them for ideas they will act dumb as h@#$@. i'm thankful for them though. :o

Yah, family can be an inspiration at times. But a lot of times they're a pain in the butt too.

I find that if I can get any inspiration from them, I usually need to make a mental note and not say anything out loud, else they cease to share stuff. Then again, most of the stuff that I derive any inspiration from is usually smart@ss remarks. My family are bunch of witty smart@sses, it can awfully painful if you can't keep up with them. laugh2.gif