Guest gracewriter

My first signs

Guest gracewriter

Here are some pics. of the first ones.  Didn't turn out too bad.  Used 18kt gold leaf paint and it took a really long time to figure out how to get that black finish to look good.

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum.  It would have been really hard to do this without you all.

post-0-12986519944295_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519944671_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519945045_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298651994546_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519954647_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519954909_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519955162_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519955417_thumb.jpg

Guest gracewriter

Here's a couple more. I'm presently working on some with a completely different finish and colors.  I'll post those when I get them done.

post-0-1298651994578_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519946176_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519946575_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519947055_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519955668_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519955926_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298651995618_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519956442_thumb.jpg

Very nice!!! ;D  Great job!  ;D

btw, what font is did you use?  I could really use that for something I'm working on.

Guest Terry

I know what ya mean with the black, sometimes gold looks better on flat black, or lightly scuff with steel wool.

Guest gracewriter

The font was

Balmoral Script (SBF_B004)

Thanks Terry, it was truly a labor of love. 

Guest fivestar

Those look awesome, great job.

Guest gracewriter

All your compliments really mean a lot to me.  I can't thank you all enough for taking the time out to write me.  I should have taken better pics.  The finish looks like sparkling velvet in the sunlight--I was shocked especially after the first one I did that turned out sooooo bad I decided to use it as firewood.  You have no idea how many extra gray hairs I have earned through this process.  Thanks to the member who encouraged me to post them.

I never doubted for a minute that you could do it.

Si au d

no but I wouldn't mind hanging around Paris Hilton...just for a day or 2.

Guest gracewriter

Now why is it when I read Paris TN, I had a feeling someone would be thinking about Paris Hilton?

no but I wouldn't mind hanging around Paris Hilton...just for a day or 2.

Too trashy for me.

Grace... those designs look absolutely perfect, and completely elegent... thanks for sharing. It still amazes me what these machines are capitiable of doing... I KNOW I'm limiting mine to only about a fifth of what's it's capitiable of doing.

Guest gracewriter

Thanks firemelt, you must pick somthing you like and I'll make it as your wedding gift.  PM me for ideas on designs, somthing for your first house, perhaps to hang outside your door, "Chateau du Firmelt & Mrs. Firemelt, etabli, (...) 2008?

I'm making one to match the colors of our house to hang over the garage--mustard yellow, black green, blood read.  Sounds weird, but if you have a Ruby Tuesday's around check out how pretty the color scheme is on the building.  I adore it.

And by the way, if you plan on having children, just remember God's little joke he plays on us is by making babies so darn cute you just want more...but then they grow up and become teenagers.  Mine came home today with a mohawk.  I didn't think that they could get hair that long to stand straight up.  Sure enough.

I might be out of the loop, but where did you get those sign blanks?  I think I would like to play a little with something like that too.

Guest gracewriter

Sign blanks?  I made them.