Sign in to follow this  
cbs1963

LaserPoint setup lockup?

I was going through the manual with the cutter.  Cut the square.  When I did the part about moving the knife top, then tried setting origin, the screen on the cutter stopped displaying x y and shows blocks across the top.  Nothing happens.  Turned off, waited then on again, no data shows only blocks at top.  Left cutter turned on on for awhile, only blocks.  I have it connected to a xp machine through serial cable.  Help please.

Sounds like the carriage is pressing one of the red "kill" buttons.

Can I move the cutting head manually away from the stop limit switch.  If so does it need to be on or off before I move it?

Thanks, I am at work now but will move the cutter away from the switch later.  After moving the head will it reset and do start up again?  Not knowing what your doing is really frustrating.  I thought I'd already broke the darn thing.

Keep in mind that the carriage moves from right to left when cutting, so you want to start the carriage on the right side of your material.

Just to make sure, the right side of the cutter has the control panel?

Thanks, nonabelle.  I asked because the measurement band on the cutter has zero on the left side and 70 on the right.  I thought maybe it should be loaded on the left side.  Clearly I was wrong.  Does everyone load the material on the right side?

You can load the material to the left, the middle, or to the right, but make sure to start the cutting head on the right side of the material. If you have 24" material loaded, and only use the first 6" in width on a cut, set the new starting point just to the right of the previous job, and so on, to reduce waste. You can also cut your file lengthwise or widthwise, and this setting can be found in the software. Little time invested and some patience, and you will be fine.

:thumbsup:

I would also ignore the measuring tape.

Thanks Ken, It's back to an online status.  Will you be available on Monday if I need to call you?

I've been playing around with SignBlazer.  So far, I have not been able to cut anything other than the square.  I downloaded a video I found on the forum about setup but WMP11 wouldn't play it.  I thought I might need talk to you to make sure everything is setup correctly.  I tried the serial, then the USB.  I couldn't get anything moving.  But I have no experience with cutters or cutting software, so I'm sure I'm not doing something, just don't know what it is.  Felt a little stupid that I did not figure out the limit switch problem.  I am really excited to learn how to use the LP.  Can't wait to cut heat pressed vinyl for tees.  I wouldn't make it without you Ken, thanks again.

Just send me a PM with your phone number and the best time to reach you in front of the computer and cutter, and I will get you going.

Thanks, nonabelle.  I asked because the measurement band on the cutter has zero on the left side and 70 on the right.  I thought maybe it should be loaded on the left side.  Clearly I was wrong.  Does everyone load the material on the right side?

You know, now that you mention that, I think I noticed the same thing when I first got my LP, but then totally dismissed it because it was in metric to boot. Hahahaha.

Thanks to everyone who helped.  Early this morning about 2 am central time the earth stood still as I made my first successful vinyl cutting.  It was some simple white text in t-shirt vinyl.  I pressed it on a black shirt and, if I do say so myself, It looked mahvelous.  I would like to thank everyone who believed in me and helped make me the success I am today.  Thank you, thank you all.  But don't think it's over, oh no, don't even think about running out on me now.  We've come to far to turn back.  I have come to think of you guys as my support team, like the verizon guy has.  Are we cutting now!  LOL.  :o