Vermonster

Potentially New US Cutter Owner

Hey All.

Not new to Signage, but possibly might be buying a US Cutter.  I figured who better to check with than the people who use them.  I've been doing signs and vector editing for about 4 years now.  I had a Roland PC-60 and a Seiki Tech plotter (ewww) and decided to take some time off for a while and got rid of all my equipment.  I'm looking to make a comeback again with a 24" machine probably as I never really had a need to do much more than 20" or so.

Was hoping maybe to get some feedback from current owners of US Cutters.  Having owned a mid priced (Roland) and a low priced (Seiki Tech) I figured since I'm more of a weekend warrior who likes designing the vectors as much (if not more than doing the vinyl work) then I would stay at the lower end of the price range...

I definitely didn't like the Seiki.  They admittedly shipped bad mounting brackets, never sent the new ones, material rollers were bent and the thing didn't plot correctly.  I'm really looking for the following features...

Accuracy

Quality

Ease of operation

Quietness (I do it in the basement while kids are sleeping usually)

I have 2 years left on my subscription for SignCut and I also have Corel X3, FlexiSign, Illustrator and Inkscape just to name a few of the apps at my disposal.

Anyway, thought I'd shout out and say hey and get reading this board :angel:

I'm located in South Jersey if anyone is willing to open their shop up to let me check a machine out or something...

welcome to the forum! u have arrived at ur destination for one of the most affordable and best cutters available. u will learn a lot here. :angel:

Welcome aboard.  I have the Copam 2500, bought it in December 07, and have never regretted it. 

Jenny

I got a Creation P-Cut 24" with SignBlazer 06 a couple of months ago. It hasn't given me ANY problems. :angel:

I have a Seiki and a refine. The Seiki has been problem free for over 2 years BUT I will admit that the Refine tracks better. My next cutter will be a refine for sure. The tech support alone is worth buying from US Cutter.

welcome !i have a uscutter mh721....noisy,but fantatsic quality and cheap!

cjb

Welcome to the forum. Great group of people, I have a LP24 and love it. The tech support from US Cutter, in my experience, is second to none.

hey Steve, Welcome!

I have a LaserPoint 24", it is my first cutter and I really love it. You are welcome to come up to Philly and check it out!

LMK

Wayne

Poor flyers :thumbsup:

I'm about 20 min from Philly.  I'm in center city twice a week usually.  What part of Philly?

Out of curiosity,have you used the contour feature yet?

yeah I work downtown mon - fri, but live up by Trenton.

Wayne

Yes I have used the contour feature with varying amounts of success.

welcome to the forum! u have arrived at ur destination for one of the most affordable and best cutters available. u will learn a lot here. :lol:

somebody get you a marketing job  :thumbsup:

hello and welcome  i own a 24" LP best money i ever spent