BannerJohn

cutter came,now how do I get it to cut?

The cutter came ,assembled,hooked up,signcut installed. It cuts a test cut that looks prett bad (not square,if it is supposed to be). I open SDigncut,do some test text,click cjut,and nothing. SWhen I turn the cutter on,the WELCOME comes on briefly,then the settings on the lCD.Am I doing something wrong?

I am connected via the  LPT port,had the same thing when I was on serial.

You will have to use inkscape,or psp or a grpahics program to creat the text.Signcut has the text functions showing,but in another post Mr. Kjell said they those were disabled.If it's not cutting a square test cut,check and see that the vinyl is evenly tensioned with the pinch rollers and not moving.And the depth of the blade should be the tip just barely sticking out of the blade holder.Too much blade will change the cut.And when you create the text and go to signcut to cut,I don't use the sissirs icon becuase it does nothing.I always go to file and cut out.

Also check the carriage. Sometimes during shipping it comes off of its tracks which would cause a bad test cut. There are 2 white wheels behind the carriage that need to be setting on the tracks properly. You can simply push up on the carriage to re-seat if it has popped off.

As for the LCD, it sounds as though it is working properly....You should at first see the welcome sign, then it goes to your force and speed settings.

Ken

Spoke to John on the phone, his carriage is now re-seated and the test cut works perfectly. Am going to speak with him later to finish setting up with SignCut or possibly Flexi so he will be in business.

:)

billy, do you have the latest version of SignCut? The scissors should be working...

I changed to USB,set the com port to 5 instead of 1 and I am cutting. Cutter works great,but after using Flexi on my other cutter,have a few questions about signcut..

1.When the cutting is done,the vinyl returns to the starting point. How can I get it to stop at the finishing point?

2. In Flexi, I set up the size of sign or banner I want (say,2x4) and just lay out all the text and graphics inside that box. Everything is proportonal. Then I either cut all at once or highlight each line and cut each separately. Is there any way to do this in sign cut?

I am very impressed with the machine itself,so far.

Hey All,

I received my refine mh721 on March 11, still can't get it going.  After 2 weeks i cut 4 test names unplugged the machine to move it out to the shop.  Nothing since.  If I had any hair to pull out it would be out.  I have called ken for support and I even exchanged the main board.  (By the way Ken- No credit for the one I returned)  I have installed, uninstalled sign cut 4 times and contacted them for a week, purchased a usb to serial converter and still nothing.  The process wasn't supposed to be like this.  I have just started my little company but it doesn't fair well when those you told it would be a week or so till I could get them their little ole sign have moved on. If that isn't bad enough my hard drive started grinding last night.  "Murphy's Law"

SHOEDEPT

Guest fivestar

Shoedept can you do a test cut by hitting the test button on the plotter itself?  That will let you know if it's the plotter or communication or computer issues.

Yes, I can cut an amazing test square.  I have a cousin who says he can find the trouble.  I am in Florida

and he is in Atlanta today, he works for HP. Wish me luck!

Shoedept  OUT !

OKAY COMPUTER GURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE DESCOVERED I HAVE A COM PORT WITH A Code 34 WITH:

Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34)

Recommended resolution

The device requires manual configuration. Change the hardware settings by setting jumpers or running a vendor-supplied tool, and then use the Resources tab in Device Manager to configure the device.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS?  I AM SURE THAT IS MY PROBLEM

SHOEDEPT

Ok, based on your other posts, you had purchased a Usb to serial converter?  Are you still trying to use it?

A few questions,

How are you connecting the machine? USB (supplied with the machine) serial or lpt?

What operating system?

And when are you getting this error? When you try to cut something out???

My reccomendations, if you are using a windows based machine and have an avaliable serial port, try connecting that way, by far, this is the most stable hookup,

If you dont have an avaliable serial port, use the usb cord that came with your plotter, (unless you are on a mac)...

Im sure that we should be able to get you up and running...  If you Have AIM, send me an IM and I can help you easier that way...

A hard drive that grinds is never good. Sounds like the driver for your COM port is corrupt and Windows cannot self configure it.

If you would like, I could try and troubleshoot the issue. Just email me directly to setup a time when we can try a few things.

kenimes@uscutter.com