Sign in to follow this  
pete00

pen started dragging

howdy

been only playing with cp2500 for a little bit, but when i put in the pen holder lately its dragging accross the paper making lines. It didnt do that in the begining. i put a credit card under the pen and then tighten pen that stopped the draging but is something else going on.

I power off and do the test but still drags.

Havnt cut any vinyl today so i dont know if it will do it on that as well. Still practing with pen and SB.

thanks....pete

sounds like it is not lifting when it should. THis can be caused by not having the cutter properly grounded. It could be a hardware problem,but first make sure you have the cutter grounded very well.

Maybe lift the pen attachment up in the carriage arm a bit so the lip is not resting on the carriage arm, then tighten back down.

howdy

been only playing with cp2500 for a little bit, but when i put in the pen holder lately its dragging accross the paper making lines. It didnt do that in the begining. i put a credit card under the pen and then tighten pen that stopped the draging but is something else going on.

I power off and do the test but still drags.

Havnt cut any vinyl today so i dont know if it will do it on that as well. Still practing with pen and SB.

thanks....pete

I have one of these and love it!!  The pen refill the comes with the holder does stick out pretty far, so you do need to lift the holder up a bit before tightening.  Then it works just fine.  When you go to get another refill, you may want to see if you can get one that does not stick out so far.

I have caught quite a few things by drawing out the design with the pen attachment before cutting (even when the graphic I created looked perfect for cutting).  Having it draw at its lowest speed, you can watch for things that might cause problems when cutting.

thanks  all,

it doesnt seem to do it all the time, yesterday it didnt do it until the end of a sign.

Ill just set it a little higher in the holder.

thanks...pete