Sign in to follow this  
3d_innovationz

MH 721 NOT CUTTING AT ALL

ok so I just got this cutter. I get everything all installed and open sign blazer and type a few words then send the job Umm NOTHING..

I am using the usb and its attatched to my laptop .I dont have a serial port available or I would use it cause its more stable

Ok so here is what I have done to troubleshoot

Set the baud rate 9600 on cutter and the settings in sign blazer

tried 4800 as well

SHUT DOWN my firewalls and antivirus program

i have treid to cut in every setting sign blazer possibly has..

Im a little perterb ed and ready to send this baby back RIGHT NOW I have ebay auctions to attend to

any help would greatly be appreciated

Oh and does anyone know how to make flexi pro 6.5 see the us cutter drivers so I can just use my old flexi

First, try another usb cable. I had the same prob and itr was the cable.

Second, make sure your computer is recognizing the cutter in the device manager

Third, make sure that you select the same port in your software and in your device manager. (I mean, if your device manager says com 2, make sure your software has com 2).

Try that and let us know :angel:

JoeCamaro

First, try another usb cable. I had the same prob and itr was the cable.

Second, make sure your computer is recognizing the cutter in the device manager

Third, make sure that you select the same port in your software and in your device manager. (I mean, if your device manager says com 2, make sure your software has com 2).

Try that and let us know :angel:

JoeCamaro

CRAP Nevermind , I just woke up..yeah it sees it as cutting plotter on com and lpt com5

Wait now in the port settings tghe flow control says none ( there are 3 options XoYo - Hardware - and none ) I think in sign blazer the hardware option is checked

Guest Terry

your up to fine tuning now, offset, force, speed, blade distance.

Guest Terry

I don't use signblazer, so from this point I'll leave it up to Tykite, he's the signblazer pro.  :angel:

Make sure your carriage is on track.  Look behing your carriage and if you see 2 white plastic wheels then they are off, pull the carriage up and put those in.

Joe

OKAY SO I WAS CUTTING A 18" Wide by 143 " Job and it took the job and then slammed my computer.. The cutter completed the job but my laptop would not power back on. So after an hour or so and messing with battery pack on my laptop it powered back on but guess what my usb ports no longer work. does not recognize my usb mouse or my cutter. I hjave a desktop I can probably use but i already installed signblazer on this laptop.. i have flexi pro and will probably just use that program but It does not have this cutter in the list of cutters for the production manager.. was thinking about buying flexi starter and using it to cut and flexi pro to design... but still whats up with my usb ports this is weird..

Also, leave the cutter plugged into you computer and do a "manual" windows update. Select custom instead of express. Express does NOT give optional updates you might need for the USB controller.

Aslo run the Roland PNC-1000 drivers.

NEW Problem ! i just cut font and the edges are a little jagged any idea to clean that up

Have you ever cut those fonts before successfully?  If not (or even if so) I would suggest zooming in as close as possible and looking at the edge of the characters.  If it's jagged on the screen...dump the font