Guest fivestar

Dual Color Shirt

Guest fivestar

Well I had to do one of my baseball blast shirts in 2 colors and I was so impressed I think I will be doing them all in 2 colors.  Here is a pic of one, let me know what you all think.

post-0-12986512270454_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986512279297_thumb.jpg

Looks great Five.

Maybe you could let us know your technique for the layering/registration process.

Guest fivestar

LOL..........that's easy, all done by the eye.  Well I do use a straight edge and tape measure to line up the top line and bottom line, then it's just all by eye.  I got one printed out sitting beside my heat press and I look at it to line everything up.  I press the top line, bottom line and background of the blast first, then peel, then press the background of the baseball, peel, then press the white part of the blast and baseball together and all done.

One thing I have noticed, Spectra Cut II's white does not stick worth a crap, but their black and red (red not used in pic) working like a charm.  I really hope this was just a bad batch as this stuff is better then thermoflex plus IMO.  I emailed imprintables.com and am waiting their reply.

I think that i read a post on here some time ago about some white heat transfer material that wouldnt stick... I believe that the out come was that the place where they ordered it, sent the wrong stuff....

Ive only used thermoflex and have had great results with that stuff....

I guess we all do the multi-colored layering on shirts the same way...  Lay first image, press, peel, then second, press, peel and your done without ever taking it off the press...

Anways, looks good, i just wish that i would get some orders for shirts so that I can post pics...

How good is the washability of vinyl on t-shirts?  I have screen printed for 12 years and bought my cutter to do names and numbers on the back of tees.  Do you think vinyl is a good solution for that?

Guest fivestar

Vinyl will outlast the shirt by far.  The vinyl on that shirt still looks like I put it on today.

a bit confused...what type of vinyl IS that on the shirt? Not regular vinyl,surely...I tried it once and every bit came off in the wash.

Ive always used thermoflex and Fivestar is Correct, The vinyl will still be there when all the seams have worn out and its ready to be used as a rag to wash your car with!

Guest fivestar

John it is heat applied vinyl.  I use multicut from www.jotopaper.com as it is as good as thermoflex and it comes in 20" width compared to 15" thermoflex for approx. the same $$$$$.  Heat applied costs about $40.00 per 5 yrd roll, so you defintely don't want to waste it.  Also you do it mirrored.

Thanks! I was just wanting to do one T-shirt for my mom who is 84 and still goes bowling every week. She is not the oldest in the group,either. I'll check around and see if anyone has it by the yard,or maybe on ebay. I love my mom but $40 for a t-shirt...I'd have to think about that one lol.

I am a newbie here. Can you use an iron to apply this vinyl to the shirt. How is this vinyl different than the vinyl that I would use for a sign? Thanks for any advice and answers!