Sign in to follow this  
dogfightink

Start and end point don't match up.

Hi everyone! Hope you can help me with this. This problem just recently turned up. I've attached a jpg illustrating the cuts

that my Seiki cutter is doing. Initially, the cuts were clean and all beginning and end point would close for a nice clean cut.

I went to change out a roll of vinyl and was experiencing this problem. I'm using SignCut on a Mac and wasn't sure if the

problem is software or hardware related. Don't know if blade degree is an issue. I've used both the 45 and 60 degree blades

with the same result. Please help.

thank you!

Phil

cutproblem.jpg

I have a Seiki and I've never had it do that...but I"ve never used Signcut with it and I don't have a mac. What is your blade offset? It could be a combination of blade offset and vinyl drift.

keep going up with the blade offset. MIne is set to .025

Vinyl drift is when the vinyl moves a bit to the left or right as it feeds...usually because it isn't in perfectly straight.

How do you harset the plotter. Sorry! I'm new to this and don't know all the techniques and lingo just yet.

Thanks for help by the way!

:thumbsup:

BannerJohn: "It could be a combination of blade offset and vinyl drift."  :lol:

Diff looks as though your dead on, offset + drift.

One thing not as likely but while your at it make sure your blade is spinning nice and freely and that there is no glue junk or small vinyl up in the open tip where the blade comes from. Again not highly likely but might be worth just looking at.

Alignment: throw your right pinch roller down on to the vinyl and have the far right on the pinch wheel right on the edge of the vinyl. Then throw your left roller in about a little over a quarter of the way inward from the left side of the vinyl.  In manual mode on your machine feed the vinyl in and out manually. Keep your eye on the pinch wheel when you see the vinyl drift one way or the other, feed the vinyl back to where you were when you started and release the left pinch roller and slide the vinyl just a bit to the left ot right (which ever way it needs) and the throw the left pinch roller back down on the vinyl and start feeding it in and out watching the right pinch wheel adjust over and over till you get it to run right down the edge for atleast the length you plan to cut to. It sound like a lot but it takes just a few seconds and it stops the drifting and you will get better at setting the alignment up each time.  I can run a 23.75" wide cut for 10 foot from edge to edge by setting it up this way on 24" X 10' vinyl. ( if the vinyl was trully 24" to the T I could do it even closer but the vinyl itself tends to run in and out about 1/16th" (.125) and the 24" rolls I have been getting are about 1/16 from being a full 24")

Anyways lol hope this might help.  :thumbsup:

Eric

I'm not familiar with your plotter but there should be a reset button somewhere on it.  Just a simple thing to try. Sometimes it works. If not I'd go through the tracking tests described above. A lot also depends on the quality of the vinyl. You get what you pay for. I'm not comparing calendered to cast I mean Who manufactured it. There's some major junk vinyl out there.

although this post was from awhile ago, im hoping someone can chime in..

im having the same issues.. with the same brand, 34" seiki i got off ebay.

cutter is not cutting a clean cut..

how do i change the setting for "blade offset".. the original poster never posted the end result or if he ever found a resolution.. someone please help me.. this is driving me crazy!

Blade offset is adjusted in your software normally.  Most 45 degree blades should have a blade offset somewhere around .25 mm, thats your starting point and you can fine tune from there.

Good luck