Sign in to follow this  
Kristy

Help!... when I send several lines of text to the cutter it rearranges them

I have several lines of text that need to be cut in order .... I arrange them in the software program but when I send them to the cutter they are rearranged in a different order... I can't put them all in the same text block because they are different sizes.... how do I keep it from rearranging things??? I'm sure it's some simple setting but I don't have time to search for the answer... I'm in a hurry....

What cutter software are you using? In SignBlazer under the cut menu there is a "Save Space" tab. Make sure none of them are checked. (If you are using SB)

Thanks SO much.... Yes.... I am using signblazer....

Fixed one prob now have another one.... I clicked off all of the save space tabs and it stopped the machine from rearranging my text blocks but now the image is moved off the side of the cutting area.... how do I move it back down?

First off welcomesign.gif

Please do not take this the wrong way, but is there a reason why your items need to be cut in a specific order? Or is the issue that it's not cutting it as you've laid it out in the cutting software. And if that's the case, then you need to share a bit more info - such as what Jay asked, what software are you using? Which model cutter do you have? Could you share your file with us so that other members so we can test cut it and let you know our results.

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry to rush and lack of info on this but I'm leaving for a show in less than 24 hours and I'm trying to hurry.... I'm tryin to crunch the learning curve.......... I've been using a Roland cx-24 until today.... there were problems with it so I had to replace it....

The main reason for needing all of my stuff to be in a specific order is because when the software rearranges it there is a LOT of wasted vinyl..... a whole LOT!.... I did my layout tight to prevent wasting any vinyl

I'm using a MH721 with Signblazer software....

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks SO much.... Yes.... I am using signblazer....

Fixed one prob now have another one.... I clicked off all of the save space tabs and it stopped the machine from rearranging my text blocks but now the image is moved off the side of the cutting area.... how do I move it back down?

Is this actually on your machine while cutting  or on the computer screen?

I'm not sure how to post a file on here so let me know.... i really think it's just an issue with the settings more than anything... I'm just not familiar enough with this software....

On the computer screen the whole image (which is a group of letters) is shown physically off the top edge of the image of the vinyl on the screen... the weed box is stretched out that far too....  I tried to go ahead and cut and it cut that way too.... it began the cut in the past the middle of the vinyl just like it was shown on the screen.....

in the cutter section in the items om the left uncheck rotate across vinyl

Sounds pretty strange. To post a file, click on "Additional Options..." at the bottom of the reply box and you can attach file there.

I think if you post the file we might be able to get it working for you right.

Also in the Cutter window there is a Setup option where you set the width of your vinyl. Make sure it matches the width of vinyl you are using.

post-1657-12986519308975_thumb.jpg

Depending on the size of your image it should look something like this when you select cut:

post-1657-12986519300503_thumb.jpg

Jay - You're the bomb when it comes to screen shots. Unfortunately when I'm on this forum, most times in on my monster machine instead of the laptop that I use for my cutter  :-  Hopefully that will all be fixed soon.