Sign in to follow this  
bigboyzwbigtoyz

Serious problem with my new laserpoint?

I have been having problems with my laserpoint 24" stopping in the middle of anything longer than about 15"? ok so I read the forum and went out to buy a serial to usb converter... problem solved so far    and then after cutting about 5 secs. it sends my vinyl backwards and drags the cutter all the way across the left to the reset button and stops!!!! please help!! will cut anything small

First off welcomesign.gif to the forum.

What software are you using to cut? Could you post either the .eps of .sbd file so that we can help troubleshoot what's going on here?  :thumbsup:

Not all USB to serial dongles are made equal.

So long as you are running via USB you are taking a chance.

Older computers are going to have the worst probs with USB.

Newer ones still will as well because of the amount of software and different peripherals installed. Devices and driver do not always play well together along with software to add in the mix. Dynamic IRQ requests from the USB really strain the system.

USB is a system resource hog unless it is being used on USB legacy devices such as Mouse and KB's etc.

Larger files require more lines of generated code making the computer process more steps, add USB into the mix and your asking for corruption of data and/or latency/delay which tends to lead to crashes.

Get away from USB if you can. If you can't try a different USB to Serial dongle.

Eric

Is it doing this with the included software? SignBlazer or SignCut?