Sign in to follow this  
cbs1963

Can I get by without a cutter stand?

Should I buy a Refine with a stand or get a Pcut or LaserPoint without a stand.  The Prices are comparable.  The Refine with stand costs the same as a Pcut without a stand. The LP a little more.  Trying to get a cutter without having to rely on bologna for meals.

I think you will regret it if you don't get a stand. The vinyl holders are a lot better on the units that have stands which makes larger designs easier to work with. Eat bologna for a couple weeks and get the Lp with a stand.

My brother bought the pcut without the stand. He has said many times he wished he had bought the stand. I have the refine with stand. FRom what he has told me, my refine is just as good a machine as his pcut. Buy the refine with stand.

Got my pcut w/out the stand...sometimes I wish I had one for the longer cuts so i wouldn't have to stand there snf roll as it goes

Yea you guys are right.  I'll get the stand also.  One less problem to deal with, keeps the vinyl off the floor, and smooth feeding.  Thanks for he info.

Should I buy a Refine with a stand or get a Pcut or LaserPoint without a stand.  The Prices are comparable.  The Refine with stand costs the same as a Pcut without a stand. The LP a little more.  Trying to get a cutter without having to rely on bologna for meals.

You do have the option when buying a desktop unit, or the 24" LaserPoint or PCut series by Creation.

My brother bought the pcut without the stand. He has said many times he wished he had bought the stand. I have the refine with stand. FRom what he has told me, my refine is just as good a machine as his pcut. Buy the refine with stand.

We sell the stands for the 24" PCUT separately for $100 - see http://www.uscutterdirect.com/PCut-Parts-Supplies_c_9.html.

Steve Stroh

Tech Support (In Training)

US Cutter

Hey! It's the new techie! WooHoo! welcomesign.gif new techie! I hope we don't scare you off  :thumbsup:

OP: Glad you decided to get the stand. I was on the fence about that too, but then some mentioned "dog hair" and then it became a no-brainer. I found that the vinyl will pick-up a lot of lint (static or passive), so dog hair was going to be even worse.

Guest fivestar

I see we got another Ken (Steve) welcome to the forums Steve.  Ken lies about all the work he does, don't let him fool you.  :thumbsup:;);D J/K  BTW, tykite still there as a tech?

Guest fivestar

Damn too slow again... :thumbsup:;);D

Guest Terry

I was wondering if steve IS tykite.

Guest Terry

Nope, only worked there one week, claimed I know too much  ;D How ever that works.

I'm not the new Steve. sorry Terry

It's better on this side Tykite... you can make mistakes.  ;):thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

I have casters to a stand that are worth more than the cutter. If you would like to by my casters, I will throw in the stand for FREE!  :lol:

I'll give you $10.00 for the whole thing and you pay shipping.