Sign in to follow this  
idahobudgetbanners

PLEASE HELP!! Bought new plotter today and it has error stating ....

PLEASE HELP!! Bought new plotter today and it has error stating ...."can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter." this is what pops up when you are ready to sut and click on "CUT"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

that means that the computer isn't communicating with the cutter. usually a settings issue. How are you connected to te cutter? USB? Serial?

Provide a little more detail.... what model cutter do you have? Which software are you using to cut? If you're using Sign Blazer Elements, which driver are you selecting for your cutter, and which port on the cut screen? and what John already covered - how are you connecting your cutter to your computer?

If you're using USB, it's not recommended that you use a hub. The cutters with USB connection work best when being plugged directly to the PC/laptop without anything in between. If you have a serial port on your computer, you can try using that means of connection - it seems the most stable and clears up a lot of issues that many others have had with cutting. If you don't have a serial port, not to worry, there are adapters (Serial to USB) that will just as well - you can find them as cheap as 99 cents on eBay. They are called keyspan.

Guest Terry

also... is it a mac or pc? by the way it's no big deal... Just a communication issue. No different than installing a printer and it won't communicate till ya get it.

I am going to assume you are using USB, so you need to check your Device Manager to see which COM port has been assigned to your USB connection under the Ports category. Once you knwo which COM port it is using, configure the software to communicate through that port.

If using USB, get the usb cable from any other device and try that. May sound silly, but it has helped me and other members.

Joe

My Pcut/Signblazer has that Error message every time I go to do a cut "FOR THE FIRST TIME" after starting up the cutter, I just hit "CUT" again and it works.  Seems it just doesn't communicate the first time but does after that.