skiinzzz

Attaching blade holder to machine??

Speaking of blade holders, I figured out the pdf instructions, inserted the blade, set heightetc.

What is up with the spring loaded rod at the opposite end of the blade?  You can push this down and it makes the blade protrude....Im thinking push rod down, jog machine to cut vinyl off.  However, what kind of damage this might impact on the cutting strip is my question.

Anyone?

Speaking of blade holders, I figured out the pdf instructions, inserted the blade, set heightetc.

What is up with the spring loaded rod at the opposite end of the blade?  You can push this down and it makes the blade protrude....Im thinking push rod down, jog machine to cut vinyl off.  However, what kind of damage this might impact on the cutting strip is my question.

Anyone?

Push rod is simply there to extract the blade when it becomes dull. Allows you to push it out far enough to grab with your fingers.

Anyone?

Not that you'll be needing one in the immediate future, but the cutting strip is replaceable.

Pushing the rod down and jogging the machine to cut off works pretty well, but it appears that it will tear up the strip pretty quickly, gotta get the feel of how hard to push..

Too bad the groove that I assume is for cutting off the vinyl on the front edge interferes with the leading edge of the vinyl and I had to tape over it, per a post somewhere on here.

All you have to do is take the cutter "offline" and use the blade "down arrow" to drop the blade on the material... then use your arrow keys to move it... then blade "up arrow". Works every time for me

Uh... no. You would be better off using an exacto and cut along the bottom ridge of the machine. Or at least better than dulling your cutter blade  :thumbsup:

Once a project is done cutting, the cutter does not have the ability to cut through everything to "snip" off your finished cut from the rest of the roll.

Once a project is done cutting, the cutter does not have the ability to cut through everything to "snip" off your finished cut from the rest of the roll.

Sure it does, at the expense of your cutting strip!  How much do replacements run, anyway?  :thumbsup:

Sure it does, at the expense of your cutting strip!  How much do replacements run, anyway?  :thumbsup:

I guess if you up the downforce you could. Cutting strips are around $10.