icepic13

Desperately Need Help

i bought a MH871 a couple weeks ago, and needless to say I am having nothing but issues!

1. Blades are not the issue, bought new blades

2. did the test cuts, they are coming out jacked!

3. blade depth seems fine.

Any help anyone can give please assist.

what makes you think the blade depth is correct?

but a better description and pictures will help the users here help you

#2. Check to see if the carage is set right on the rollers. Then send pics. 

• Like 1

sorry do not have any pics, I bought the cutter 2nd hand, did notice the cutting strip on the cutter was placed behind a felt strip of the same width, I did move the cutting mat that did improve it a bit but the cutting depth I am thinking is correct because I am not cutting all the way through, just enough but if I go any deeper the blade will slice through it all.

the blade holder goes into the back hole over the cutting strip and not over the felt - so that is the correct position  
as far as setting the blade these instructions were provided by our long time member and has helped hundreds of people

from Skeeter

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Thank you guys, appreciate your help after 2 weeks of fighting with it I finally figured it out now I feel stupid carriage was off the roller cutting great now will be posting pics soon.

• Like 1

just seeing this. but that's the issue I was going to be the 2nd to suggest. my cutter came in like that.

Thank you guys, appreciate your help after 2 weeks of fighting with it I finally figured it out now I feel stupid carriage was off the roller cutting great now will be posting pics soon.

Got it taken care of works great now, does anyone know where I can download registration marks?

2017-01-22 12.14.59.jpg