Sign in to follow this  
Guest maker of things

Vinyl master "smartness"

Guest maker of things

Quick background, I utilize cnc machines on a regular basis and have been attempting to use a cricut to do some design work at home.  I could not be more unhappy with the "software" cricut has to use.  I have been looking at the us cutter vinyl cutters as a possible solution to my problem but need a little more info about the software.

This is the scenario: I draw in cad basically a picture frame, i.e and outside shape and an inside shape,and export the .dxf.  On all of the cnc machines I work on, the CAM software figures out that it needs to cut the inside shape first so that the material will be stable and not move to cut the outside shape.  cricut software will arbitrarily cut the outside shape first and then the material can move too easily when it attempts to cut the inside shape causing inaccuracy.  

Does vinylmaster process the file properly or is it uncontrolled like cricut? 

This would generally be cutting something like cardstock on a carrier sheet.

Let me take a crack at this ---  I know that in my SignBlazer program, I'll have a checkbox available in the Cutting Settings for "cut holes first" and there's also cut order choices (clockwise, counterclockwise, sort first, etc.)

That being said, I just looked into VinylMaster and see no such options within the cut spooler/manager.

slice and dice, "cut holes first" or similar would be exactly the functionality I am looking for.  Didn't know what the terminology would be in vinyl software.  Perhaps the software automatically processes the cut in this order?

SignBlazer is now 'abandonware' and can be installed and utilized without any fees.

INSTALLER (Hybrid)

There are drivers that will operate all USCUTTER units (sometimes you have to select the OEM names -- like RedSail for the MH; LiYu for the SC).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this