Sign in to follow this  
eharris

Help! Cutter stopped cutting

I cut one graphic and when I got ready to cut the next one it doesn't respongd to the cutter.  Am I doing something wrong.?  At the top of the screen it reads C:program filessigncut x2 rescue.sc

try unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable. I bet it has dropped the connection.

Tried that and it still doesn't communicate with the cutter.  WHy would it have the rescue.sc at the end.  I can't even do a test feed.  I was cutting our a graphic and it was too small so I reset the cutter and now it won't work.  Any suggestions.

Okay now it will cut but it roll the vinyl waaaay down and it cuts it really big.  Is there anyway to reset this problem.  Frustrated!!

I have the same problem and have asked for help and so far no resolution. Ken was quick the first time, but perhaps he is not in the office anymore?? I am not very good at these forums so don't know if this is the correct way to address my issue but I am desperately way over time in getting my problem resolved and am already over a week late with the job and it is embarrasing!

USB connection gets lost on my Refine 721. I am using laptop with Vista Business. I tried taping the USB (per Ken) to the cutter, reset the cutter, downloaded the drivers again, shut off the cutter and laptop, checked the device manager and gave the cutter a hug and kind words, but still no response.

Then I hooked up the USB/COM cable that came with the cutter (with the very, very, very short cord) and maneuvered my way to get to the computer. The device manager and cutter software (SignCutX2, most recent version) say it is on COM 7. Absolutely no response - no pop up window, nothing. Any help would be so appreciated!!

Debbie

Don't know much about signcut,but signcut needs to be told what port...it doesn't tell you. Try com 1, then com 2.etc until one works.

Or call me tomorrow. Just leave one message if I do not answer, please.

Explain in detail expect your situation is not the same as this original report from 2008?

Paco