Sign in to follow this  
F-Body_works

trying to trace this out

can anybody trace this out..i really only need inside the black lines traced im trying to make a overlay

post-2364-12986518769673_thumb.jpg

post-2364-12986518782799_thumb.jpg

What is the firebird from? the vehicle?

no ur best bet it to take a pic of it and trace it out thats what i usually do but that bird was giving more problems then usual i ended up taking another pic with less glare and it came out perfect...

ok I have the GTPsupercharged in eps.

Now I just measure the real one and make my file the same size right?

ok I have the GTPsupercharged in eps.

Now I just measure the real one and make my file the same size right?

yup sometimes i take a picture of the emblem then measure the height n width then try to get as close as i can on SB to get the right size..i use the freebie vinyl to do the testing until i get the right size fit...but shadows mess me up like it did on this bird i needed help with but i ended up having him send me other pic and it worked out alot better see!  ;D

post-2364-12986518820297_thumb.jpg

post-2364-12986518830165_thumb.jpg

F-Body-Works, if your burning vinyl to check for size, invest the 25 bucks in a pen for your cutter. it will draw it out same as cutting and paper is alot cheaper. I think some people use a regular pen just need to find one that fits.

F-Body-Works, if your burning vinyl to check for size, invest the 25 bucks in a pen for your cutter. it will draw it out same as cutting and paper is alot cheaper. I think some people use a regular pen just need to find one that fits.

i dont mind buring free vinyl..its not like im going to give any customers that stuff....and a pen wont let me place the vinyl on the emblem to test fit and make sure it fits right..lol and y the heck would i wanna spend 25 bucks on a pen when my P-cut came with one lol

Glad you got it done. looks good. can you post a pic of it on the car?

Know of any trans am's for sale? looking for one.

Glad you got it done. looks good. can you post a pic of it on the car?

Know of any trans am's for sale? looking for one.

ya when he gets it on ill post a pic..the chrome one is going on his air lid...dont know of any for sale at the moment just keep ur eyes open u will find one!  it took me about a year to find what i wanted here is mine  fquick.com/Pony_Killer

nice car. should check out my site www.showaride.com

just started it show not to many members yet.

Guest Terry

Came out nice, I to test on a lot of scrap vinyl.  B)

nice car. should check out my site www.showaride.com

just started it show not to many members yet.

thanks man! ya thats a kool site ya got there!

Came out nice, I to test on a lot of scrap vinyl.  B)

ya it didnt come out too bad..but now i have inkscape4.6 and on wow! lol that helps big tyme!!...only thing is it took 5 hours to DL on dial up lol

yup sometimes i take a picture of the emblem then measure the height n width then try to get as close as i can on SB to get the right size..i use the freebie vinyl to do the testing until i get the right size fit...but shadows mess me up like it did on this bird i needed help with but i ended up having him send me other pic and it worked out alot better see!  B)

Are you trying to size by the rulers...or are you typing in the exact dimensions at the bottom of the screen is SBE?