Sign in to follow this  
swaneejuggalo

my first problem

what should i adjust if when the cutter head goes left to right in a straight line the cut is more perforated.It only does it on long straight runs left to right or vice verca.

I was having some of the those issues too. It's intermittent and I haven't quite found the fix for it. What end up doing is pulling out the blade and holder and cleaning them up really well. I'm not sure if it's caused because the blade isn't rotating in the holder properly, or if there's some kind of build-up of adhesive or what. It's a little annoying, but it hasn't caused me to totally scrap stuff that I've cut (knock on wood).

I just did a 12' banner and it did the same thing on only some letters, i pulled the blade and it was covered in adhesive, i cleaned the blade and slowed the speed down and havent had a problem since, yet again "knock on wood".

slowing the cut speed seems to be the only fix for this problem. i encounter the same thing but only cutting a straight line from left to right.

bb

clean and lubricate your blade often. It needs to spin freely in the holder.

the only time I've had this problem was when i was seeing how low of a pressure i could cut with. once i upped the pressure again it stopped.

while keeping the blade clean and free spinning is an important task, this is a problem i have had right out of the box ( no sticky residue and the blade spins as freely as it possibly could). the one thing that keeps it from being a real problem for me is that the only time it does it is cutting from left to right in a straight line, which is always just a weed box. the cutter cuts perfectly in all other directions.

bb

I had this problem also -- turned out to be a chipped blade!! Replace the blade and the problem went away.  ;D

i tried blade changes and testing the blade holder to see if the blade was turning. i have a laserpoint24. the problem seems to be a result of the part of the cutter that moves up and down having a litke bit of lateral play. the geometry of "pushing the blade from left to right causes it to skip, creating that zipper cut effect. if i gently lay my finger on the cutter as it cuts from left to right it stops this effect.

bb

I guess i should have posted this earlier i have resolved this prob with slowing the cut speed. Would have posted earlier but theres always vinyl to cut ive done 120$ in less than a week and ive only bought one 15" by 10y roll of red the rest was free

sweet! i am doing a vehicle fleet sign job right now that is netting me $85 a truck for three signs per truck in three colors on 7 trucks. the best part is, i don't have to install them. i will post pics when i get the first one done.

bb