Sign in to follow this  
Denny B

serious Question

I had a customer get his truck lettered when he picked it up he was very pleased...so he said . then 2 days later i get a call from his brother saying he wasnt happy and was going to get it air brushed on ..now he what a refund ....do or dont ;D???

he said it was crooked and unevevly spaced ....it was all removed before i could see it for myself

He accepted the job when he drove off of your lot.  If there was a complaint he should have mentioned the error and NOT accepted the job.

I would not give him his money back.  If there were any conceding, I would perhaps discount a future job for him.

no refund. he was more than happy to drive off with it. perhaps it was his brother that didn't like it. whatever, no pic, no refund ... even with a pic, no refund. It's kind of like buying a car, you drive off the lot, find out that you really don't like the color, then trying to return it for a full refund. no way buddy!

I agree with polar ... a discount for a single order in the future.... even though he doesn't deserve it.

I second that.  No refund.

If you buckle here you'll buckle there and you'l never stay in business doing that.

This guy is not going to bring you any business either way. So why take any more loss.

Make sure from now on you have them sign off on the job.

Eric

he did sign a reciept . I just dont want to get a bad name

I agree too.  No refund.

What drives a person to remove the work themselves, then complains about something that you can't see with your own eyes?  A dishonest person, I guess.

What would you normaly charge for a pick up 2 doors top of bed and tail gate

It sucks to have a bad customer talking smack, but that happens in almost any business. Just know that you do quality work and your reputation will build upon itself. If someone asks you about it, you can just let the facts speak for themselves: He was a happy customer when he took delivery - he signed a receipt and paid for it in full. He then requested a refund because of certain complaints, but before you could attempt to validate and find a comprise he destroyed the evidence.

Did you happen to photo your handy work?

Just sounds like this guy might be a jerk.

I know it may seem hard to just not give him a refund to keep out the extra hassles, but what this customer did was WRONG.  Why would he remove it??  Just doesn't sound right to me. 

Jenny

those r the kinda customers we  ;D[glow=red,2,300]MSOS[/glow]; (MENTAL SMACK ON SITE). i wouldn't refund him a freaking dime! he is fulla bull scrap! u did the work, he was pleased, u got paid u were pleased. CASE CLOSED.

I had a customer ask for a refund on a banner once. Said it didn't hold up,was falling apart (after 3 weeks,yet). I said send it back I'll take a look at it. He did. You coud still faintly see the TIRE MARKS on it,and very clearly the steel wool marks where he had attempted to clean it. I concluded that it was not properly secured,wind blew it into the street..etc.

No refund.

Your customer should have come to you,pointed out the problems, given you a chance to fix them. He just changed his mind,didn't like the color,or something.

Tell him to kiss off. If he took you to court,the judge would say 'where's the evidence' and throw the case out.

They guy is a jerk. Don't worry about him hurting your business. Let your work speak for itself. Everyone who knows the guy probably knows he's a jerk anyway.

John, couldn't have said it any BETTER!!!!

John, couldn't have said it any BETTER!!!!

well,I have my moments.

I operated an upholstery shop for 30 years. My motto was 'satisfaction guanranteed' My policy was...keep trying,do it over...until they are satisfied. NEVER a refund. There are always those who want something for nothing, a free ride.

After thinking it over,the guy with the truck probably discovered someone who could airbrush it a lot cheaper.

If the OP gives a refund,every deadbeat in town will be calling him.

I agree with everyone else... no refund. Even more so, that he signed a reciept!

If he wasn't happy with the job, he should of brought it back to show you the problems(if there actually any), and given you a chance to correct them.

NO REFUND and I would not do business with him again. This guy is a deadbeat and will always give you trouble. You will find SOME people will _itch about anything and everything. Weed them out, you don't need them.

My girlfreind has used that saying for years... now she's got me hooked on it too, lol.

"If you make a habit of walking backwards,you'll fall on your a**  eventually"....Benjamin Franklin

I have had the same thing happen, What usually is the case is the customer picks a design out or doesnt think out to well what they exactly want or changes their mind about about the wording or someone else tells them the wording doesnt make sence or looks stupid or makes fun of it and now their embarressed and not happy with it, I bet you a hundred bucks it's one of the above scenario's. I agree I wouldnt give them their money back either, If they had a problem with it they should have addressed it then and there. And if there was a true problem you would have caught it or they would have said something upon pick up. Thats why they scraped it off cause there wasnt anything really wrong with it, Buyers remorse.....

Guest fivestar

Tell him if he returns your vinyl the same way it was before you cut it you'll give him half his money back.  :thumbsup: