jbthrock21

VinylMaster vs. Signblazer

From a strictly technical standpoint (i.e. - getting your cutter to cut lettering) even the VM 'cut'-basic- version seems to outshine SignBlazer in most functionality.

I have both installed (VM CUT and SBE) and still prefer the cartoon interface of SignBlazer.

But for pure power and capabilities of all phases of production, by far, VM is the way to go, and for sure, any upper version will only improve your experience.

And remember, there is an active participation of FutureCorp. employees here on these USCUTTER Forums, providing answers to FAQ's and other questions that pop up around here time to time.

thank you sir!

i just know some stuff is limited on signblazer and want a more up to date software. My little vinyl cutter that i bought to do my racecar decals has not become a second job. i have more and more people coming to me for signs and decals. I just looking into the future

Don't know anything about VM, but with Signblazer and Inkscape there isn't much you can't do, just a matter of learning how to do it. Every design program has it's own way of doing things, some are easier to pick up than others. Inkscape is free and a pretty powerful tool. The only thing I've noticed that Inkscape doesn't do well is font manipulation, signblazer actually does a better job at that.

thank you sir!

i just know some stuff is limited on signblazer and want a more up to date software. My little vinyl cutter that i bought to do my racecar decals has not become a second job. i have more and more people coming to me for signs and decals. I just looking into the future

Ahhhhh, the 'Future' of vinyl cutting!

We die-hard users of WinXP and Signblazer cannot really afford to be too confident in "the Future" at all ---

this, after all, is a technology dating from the 1950's (Hewlett Packard) that we're still humping along with now into the 21st century.

I want to cling to SignBlazer as long as I'm able, it is like an old comfortable pair of shoes.

Used SB for about 6-7 years, switched the VM the other month and I'm glad I did. SB has started to show its age the last 5-6 years and I get so much more done with VM in way less time.

Plus you can get support with VM if you run into complex issues.

thanks camel that's kinda what i was thinking. just bought a new computer and had some problems and if it wasn't for the support i'm not sure i would have got it. plus i will have a backup 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.