Sign in to follow this  
dave_dj1

My machine and vinyl came in today :)

Unfortunately I won't be able to play with it for a while. I had a tooth pulled and some stitches and some pain meds today so I'm out for a bit. Maybe I can convince my son to put the stand together when he gets home :). The blue diamond plate vinyl looks sharp, i cannot wait to see it on my silver truck. 

Any advice for cutting the diamond plate? I figure I'll just experiment with it. 

I would first set your blade depth for regular sign vinyl... Then just add a little more force for the diamond plate...That is all I do for diamond plate or chrome.  I do not change my blade.   I only cut it once in a while, so I don't have a blade just for it.   Here is how to set your blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Welcome to the world!

I cut diamond plate with the same depth as Oracal 651. You may not even need to turn the pressure up, but you do have to run a little slower IMO. Metal has no stretch at all.

PM me if you need advice applying it. It's most of what I deal with B)

Thanks for the offer Command, I may take you up on it.

xpaperman I bought the 28" Titan 2

I'm hoping tomorrow I can set it up.

Well folks I got her set up and running. Ran my first cut this morning. I'm not super happy with the software, it's kind of simple unless I'm missing something.

It came with a license for Vinylmaster for Titan. It's pretty basic. I'm going to look into something else.

anyway, here is a pic of my first design and cut.

No P-bucket hmmm?

Now what? 

Well anyway I swear I did make something! LOL

I do have a question though, if anyone has used their software, I made the design and the three points are individual, I would like to make them one. For that matter I would like to make the entire thing one so I could re size it easily. Thanks in advance for any advice, you gotta remember I've never done any of this before.

If you would like to post a photo,, beside POST is MORE REPLY OPTIONS,  browse and attach..

And as far as  design and cut software...companies are not going to give you $500 + software with a $1000 machine.  They include starter software, to get started..  Good design and cut software is very expensive..because it includes tons of features.. .