Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

Dad's Garage

So my dad's birthday is tomorrow, and of course being the great son I am... I've waited until yesterday to start thinking about what to get him.

My dad is really into restoring old Ford Model A's... my mom and him drive all over Texas going to different swap meets about once a month, so he can have his "mechanical fix". My dad, just like most "old skool" dads, is the type that fixes everything himself. Timing chain goes out in my mom's truck... he fixes it, the roof to their house needs to be replaced... he recruits my brother and I, and we all fix it. Just a jack of all trades, so to speak... so, over is 66 years on this planet, he's got just about every tool/toy a man could need.

Long story short(so I don't lose Terry cause I know he hates to read), my mom suggested to make something for his shop/garage.

<edited because I posted images to be shared with the USC forum members, not the entire ebay community>

The rest of the pictures...

<edited because I posted images to be shared with the USC forum members, not the entire ebay community>

looks good to me............I'm sure he'll like it.  My birthday is Sunday, so can you make me one, but not for a garage...LOL  ;D

Guest Terry

So my dad's birthday is tomorrow, and of course being the great son I am... I've waited until yesterday to start thinking about what to get him.

My dad is really into restoring old Ford Model A's... my mom and him drive all over Texas going to different swap meets about once a month, so he can have his "mechanical fix". My dad, just like most "old skool" dads, is the type that fixes everything himself. Timing chain goes out in my mom's truck... he fixes it, the roof to their house needs to be replaced... he recruits my brother and I, and we all fix it. Just a jack of all trades, so to speak... so, over is 66 years on this planet, he's got just about every tool/toy a man could need.

Long story short(so I don't lose Terry cause I know he hates to read), my mom suggested to make something for his shop/garage.

Thank you,  ;D  ;D  Nice work man.

Gave it to my dad this evening... he loved it.

Now he wants me to make 10 more, so he can sell them at the Ford Model A swap meets that he goes to, lol.

Guest Terry

Wow, I didn't see it finished. That looks REAL NICE.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Terry... that means alot coming from you(and I'm being serious for once).