Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

non stick scissors on usc

so far so good = will see in a couple of months what the real difference is but threw one in the cart on my last order and so far working as advertised.  seems every month or so i am taking an hour to clean the rotary cutters and scissors around the different work areas.   if this works as described I hope they come up with the rotary cutter blade version!

past things I tried - couple of years ago tried a baby blue grommet press when they had the sale and I love it - the frogger green worked great but you had to work upside down with the banner facing down.  baby blue has worked flawlessly.  the large mouth I could never get the big grommets to work right even after trading out 3 sets of dies.

mondo cutter worked well (bought that several years ago)

Vinylmaster - been playing around with that and a huge improvement over scalp - best thing to come along since signblazer (which was light years ahead of it's time) - not giving up flexi but for the price difference I can definitely recommend vinylmaster

p-cut - gone but not forgotten.  had a few issues at first then served very well for a couple of years

MH = got some work out of them - not my favorite but they worked

Copam was the first cutter I had that really made a difference in the quality of cuts - again gone but not forgotten

Titan2 was a very good cutter. quiet and smooth.  did fine detail well and cut directly from corel!

Graphtec ce5000  ce6000 - not much to say as they are still my favorite up there with the old fc I had.  for fine detail almost impossible to get better

roland cutters - auto finds the registration marks better than any cutter out there - they are a beast  - not quite the finesse but definite beast

those inexpensive snap off knives usc sells - have them all over the place for cutting packages open, cutting off vinyl after cut, great for the price.

greenstar clear app tape - don't use that much clear but works good so far - the new rtape that usc is carrying works very well

oracal products from usc - all great as usuall along with the orafol printing media

siser products - always great performers

usc safety rulers - heck got 4 or so around and works great = saved fingers many times

I'm interested to see how they work in the long-term. I could definitely use a pair myself.

I purchased a mondo trimmer 6 months or more ago when they were on sale. It arrived warped/bowed in the middle. It was difficult to return because they needed pictures for proof. It's not easy to photograph something that large. The replacement arrived warped also but to a lesser extent. Same process for return. I decided on a refund instead.

I had to stretch a nylon string from end to end in order to show the gap caused by the imperfection. I did that to rule out a warped table. The gap was small but allowed the material to slip on smaller decals and cut deep into my cutting mat on the ends while not cutting thru the decal in the middle.

• Like 1

I had a ceramic rotary blade that worked great. I haven't seen it in months. Never even thought about it until this thread. lol

• Like 1

I had a ceramic rotary blade that worked great. I haven't seen it in months. Never even thought about it until this thread. lol

any idea who made it?

No, not now. Lol. I have this problem.... When I get a new toy, I open it going down the highway. The packaging ends up in the floor and eventually makes it to the trash. Lol