Sign in to follow this  
X-PRESS

LASER CUTTER or PCUT?

Getting ready to purchase a cutter.  Looking for some advise.  Which is the best cutter to get?  My business is mostly doing apparel, but I am not limited to strictly that.  I do banners sometimes, car signs, etc.  What do you guys recommend?  The new laser cutter seems good, I've heard talk about the PCUT and the Copam 2500.  Help me please

Any of those 3 will do what you are looking for.  We have the Copam 2500 and it works great for signs and apparel design.  But any of them will be great for that.

Jenny

I'm sure others will chime in with their feelings on it.

Getting ready to purchase a cutter.  Looking for some advise.  Which is the best cutter to get?  My business is mostly doing apparel, but I am not limited to strictly that.  I do banners sometimes, car signs, etc.  What do you guys recommend?  The new laser cutter seems good, I've heard talk about the PCUT and the Copam 2500.  Help me please

it's all up to ur budget. all of them work well. it's what u what, not us.

Guest fivestar

I'm pretty sure the laserpoint and p-cut are the same machine except the laserpoint has a laser.  I could be wrong, I have been that one other time, but I still say I was right then ;)

I'm pretty sure the laserpoint and p-cut are the same machine except the laserpoint has a laser.  I could be wrong, I have been that one other time, but I still say I was right then ;)

You are right. The Copam is still the best unit we offer.

;)

There are some excellent papers coming into the market for using inkjet or laser to do dark shirts. As you are doing apparel, I would look long and hard at the LP24. It will allow you to print dark transfers and contour cut them so that the border does not show, thus opening tons of doors for short run, high profit, wearables. As exampled here. I did this, not on my LP24, but the potential is there to do this type of work on caps, shirts, or many other media. For the small difference in cost to have the capability of the laser alignment system, why not?

USMC1.jpg

I have the PCut. USCutter didn't have the LP when I bought mine. If they had I would have gone with the LP. They are about the same price but the contour cutting would be nice to have.