Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

First Trademark Infringement

Well without knowing some how I ended up doing a Trademark Infringement on etsy. It was Art Brands claiming I did it and gave me 2 numbers which I cant look up easily. I'm hoping someone knows where I can find the site to look these numbers up. I also asked Art Brands to show me a copy of the design in question, so I can make the right adjustments to where it isn't violating their design. I even asked  provide the web address for this transfer so I can order them, since I can not find it and I am a customer of theirs... I am still waiting for an answer from ArtBrands President guessing he has nothing better to do than surf etsy for violations, or they are hurting bad money wise so they go after people. We will see what happens. But its been an interesting Monday. Oh and before I forget so Etsy removed the image and I removed it from my website and Facebook page don't what Artbrands to be crazy and come after me.

Right now I took it down and started discussing with them how I can change. The phrase country girl is copyrighted by them. So now on a search for an alternative.

yup there was a discussion of country girl on one of the fb groups last summer - not sure it would hold up in court if you have a few hundred thousand to press it - big corporations with atty's usually win

Here is one trademark showing the font design that they use.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:wv849y.4.36

They also have a standard character mark, which protects against any font. Nobody else can use "Country Girl" on shirts, hats, jeans, etc.

The same company, LML Investments, LLC, have trademarked "Country Girl" in several different product categories.

Here is their website, http://countrygirlstore.com/

They also have a trademark on "Country Boy"

I just don't understand how they can do this. How is somebody able to trademark something like that. I'm going to trademark every single words then lol. It's crazy to me that somebody can trademark something like Country Girl.

Your work would need to be confusingly similar to the look and meaning of the claimed trademark in order for them to have a legitimate concern. If they bring it to court and fail to demonstrate  the likeness then they will lose. How sure are you that your creation isn't confusingly similar?

mine looked nothing like that I use brush standard with a cowgirl

Hat.

Do you want to show us?

The troubling part is they don't have to take you to court to get your designs pulled down from 3rd party websites. All it takes is a violation report showing the trademark and it's gone. Sites like Ebay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. aren't going to waste their time over a trademark dispute, even if it wouldn't hold up on court.

yup there was a discussion of country girl on one of the fb groups last summer - not sure it would hold up in court if you have a few hundred thousand to press it - big corporations with atty's usually win

Scott I never do a couple hundred to press I didn't even print the first one other than make a mock up I learned not to waste t-shirts.

...but that ("Country Gal") might fall under "Confusingly similar".

Yeah but Cal is far away from girl and again if they feel that way send me another I changed up the design again. Seems they only hit those 3rd party websites though like pshawny said.

Here is one trademark showing the font design that they use.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:wv849y.4.36

They also have a standard character mark, which protects against any font. Nobody else can use "Country Girl" on shirts, hats, jeans, etc.

The same company, LML Investments, LLC, have trademarked "Country Girl" in several different product categories.

Here is their website, http://countrygirlstore.com/

They also have a trademark on "Country Boy"

I noticed that isnt the crazy this country lets them do that but I guess money talks.

I'm not fighting it i'm just rolling a long figuring things out redesigning and rewording things. I still say words shouldn't be trademarked unless they are a business name and then it still shouldn't be product wise just a store name.

• Like 2

QUOTE>  "I still say words shouldn't be trademarked...unless they are a business name..."

I completely agree. The same 26 letters do it all and belong to all of us.

• Like 1

QUOTE>  "I still say words shouldn't be trademarked...unless they are a business name..."

I completely agree. The same 26 letters do it all and belong to all of us.

Sent ya something to look at it may make you laugh on how I put things.

• Like 1

This is on their web site its like "Get R Done" Can't use that either and I agree with you guys

post-2057-0-86499900-1445369998_thumb.jp

• Like 1

This is on their web site its like "Get R Done" Can't use that either and I agree with you guys

No worries anymore I designed 3 different ones that wont or shouldn't infringe on anything. What aboute GET HER DONE!!!!

No worries anymore I designed 3 different ones that wont or shouldn't infringe on anything. What aboute GET HER DONE!!!!

Oh-- I just trademarked that.  :) Just Kidding.

• Like 1