Sign in to follow this  
JewelsDesigns

Need some advice.

I have started a business.  I bought a screen printing kit with everything i need and i also bought a vinyl cutter and all the supplies so i have invested quite a bit of money into my small business.  I have been in business for almost a year and have gotten some customers and seem to be staying busy  YAYYYYY!!  But what I'm needing advice on is I have done several jobs with each equipments.  I have struggled with the screen printing terribly from not getting a good screen to not curing the ink.  I have watched tons of you tube videos but i'm always a nervous wreck when one of the orders go out that i might be getting a call that they wasn't satisfied or that the ink is washing out.  SO the last big orders that i have gotten i am doing vinyl as per the customer request.  I have 312 shirts to do in a week for a cancer walk.  My question to you all is do i keep fighting on and try to figure the screen printing out or do i attempt to sell that equipment and stick to vinyl and do the plastisol heat transfers?

Fight on a year isn't enough time, however you may have started with too much at first maybe should have learned one trait then go onto the next. But like you said you have a lot invested maybe on down days test out the best time for exposing screens and then take time to learn to cure the ink. Plastisol if I remember correctly dries at 350  degrees make sure it gets that hot , if you dont have one buy a laser temp gun..

I wouldn't touch vinyl for 312 shirts when you have access to screen printing. Cost and time alone will be HUGE savings. What kind of ink are you using? Have you called the ink manufacturer or your supplier to seek advice there? What are you using to cure the ink? My inks require the temp to hit 325* to cure and I have no issues at all. If you are using a heat gun, heat press or even just a flash unit  you MUST be sure to reach full curing temps.

• Like 3

I know that the screen printing would be the way to go with this order but the customer has requested vinyl cause one of her other orders doing screen printing didn't go so well.  And she has been one of my best customers since i have started.  I have talked with my supplier and i have purchased a temp gun and check my shirts for cure time.  I mostly use plastisol ink and i have a flash dryer that came with my kit.  I have even started after flash drying then i use the heat press and press each shirt to hopefully make sure they are completely cured.  

• Like 1

If your local I'll be glad to relieve you of that equipment if you get truly sick of it. But like what was said above make sure they are getting hot enough to fully cure and you should be good

If your local I'll be glad to relieve you of that equipment if you get truly sick of it. But like what was said above make sure they are getting hot enough to fully cure and you should be good

I really thought you were going to try and sell your store to them at first lol.

• Like 2

I'm from West Virginia

i have some equipment for you .. muahahah

j/k :P