Sign in to follow this  
xray45

Cutting problem Need Help

Hello to all,

I just bought a cutter from uscutter the creation pcut. I have been playing around with it for a few days and it seemd to be going good.

There is one thing that seems to giving me a little bit of trouble. I have the blade set so it sticks out just a hair short of the thickness of a credit card. I have the pressure at 90 and the speed at 80 it was at 110.

What happens is it cuts nice but when it cuts accross or the width of the vinyl it doesn't cut smooth. It kind of cuts almost like perforated or something. When you pull the excess away after cutting it's not a smooth line but a small slightly jagged type line.

It doesn't do it on every cut but it seems to do it accross the vinyl instead of the length. Not every cut is like this just some but it will do some cuts like this every time.

Any ideas? Yes, I am using cheap ebay vinyl so could this be the problem?

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks again to all

Ray W.

When mine does that i just slow down the speed, and adjust my pressure if necessary. that depends on what ur cutting though.

try slowing the speed down, cut and see what happens. then try pressure.

hope this helps.

too much blade sticking out. It should be HALF the thickness of the credit card. The jagged edge is caused by too much of the blade coming in contact with the vinyl. It should only be JUST enough to cut the vinyl and not drag on the backing paper.

Less blade exposed and a Pressure setting of 120-150 seems to resolve almost all of these issues.

Because I am having a similar problem I was wondering if there are any other suggestions.

What I have noticed is that the carriage sometimes makes a shattering noise when going from left (power plug side) to right. I don't think that it was as loud as when I first got it.  Adjusted as I have it does cut perfect for most of a job, but there will be some of the "perforated lines" which in many cases I have to manually cut of with an x-Acto knife in order ot weed.

One other thing that I have noticed is that it appears to cut deeper on the right (i/o ports side) than on the left. I have tried to adjust the blade depth but anything over 1/4 turn either way from what appears to de the best position and either it does not cut well or lifts the vinyl in the more intricate designs.

Is there any recomendations as far as adjusting the carriage rails, cleaning, lubrication, etc?

Thanks for any help

Tony