Sign in to follow this  
PatrickR

Trying to ID a font...

or Microgramma Bold Extended (a standard installed font in SignBlazer Elements  SBF_M019)

post-21408-0-16597300-1439523630_thumb.j

• Like 1

Guys- thank for the help. It turned out to the Microgramma Bold Extended font- sliceanddice nailed it  :thumbsup:

post-88686-0-33220700-1439524861_thumb.j

You might want to fix the spacing between the L, V & A

before cutting/printing.

Sue2

• Like 1

You're welcome.  (by the way, sue2 is right, your kerning value became somehow too wide on the LVA)

One of the things I sometimes do when I have a few free minutes is browse the installed fonts in SignBlazer, and make mental notes of certain names of basic fonts that I think are useful generally when creating signs.

It's really useful in this business to know fonts. In fact, it's the stock-in-trade of any sign maker, and one of these days I'm going to prepare a wall poster with the top 40 fonts illustrated for my customers to look at and choose from.

• Like 2

You might want to fix the spacing between the L, V & A

before cutting/printing.

Sue2

Sue2- Thank you for catching this. I took an order for 75 window decals today ( 50 with logo + text) and had read your post before I started cutting. Spacing was fixed and all is well. Thank you

• Like 1

You're welcome.  (by the way, sue2 is right, your kerning value became somehow too wide on the LVA)

One of the things I sometimes do when I have a few free minutes is browse the installed fonts in SignBlazer, and make mental notes of certain names of basic fonts that I think are useful generally when creating signs.

It's really useful in this business to know fonts. In fact, it's the stock-in-trade of any sign maker, and one of these days I'm going to prepare a wall poster with the top 40 fonts illustrated for my customers to look at and choose from.

slice&dice- I have over 3,000 fonts on my computer (Fontaholic) and went through them twice in the Fonts folder only to discover I didn't have this font. I also went through several font ID sites and failed to locate a match. Your help in identifying this font was a huge help. The idea of a poster is a very good idea- I can see where this would come in very handy.

Great advice slice, but I'm curious as to how you will choose the "top 40" fonts? They seem to change with the trends. Or are you referring to the top 40 most popular for your shop?