Sign in to follow this  
TeresaMc

I just ordered my Refine today and downloaded the SignBlazer Elements trial, thinking I could get a jump start before the cutter arrived.....needless to say I am totally lost. :) 

Hopefully I will get it in time.

Welcome!

Do the SignBlazer 7 hour tutorial (you can download SignBlazer trial while you wait for your cutter)  Can't remember where I got the tutorial file, it was a pdf from the makers of SignBlazer I think on their website.

It is a long tutorial but it will really help you get the basics down. 

Totally new to sign cutting/graphics....so have absolutely no clue where to start....so asking a question is out of the question.

A tutorial would be great!!!!!

We just got tired of ordering/paying/waiting all the time so thought we could do them ourself....maybe not.  Good thing there a 30 day money back, might send it back before I even open the box. :)

Welcome Teresa,

We hope you stick around, let us know what you want to do and we will help, I am new too and have grown leaps and bounds with the help of this group.

Wayne

I just ordered my Refine today and downloaded the SignBlazer Elements trial, thinking I could get a jump start before the cutter arrived.....needless to say I am totally lost. :)   

Hopefully I will get it in time.

welcome the forum, sweetie. ur in for the ride of ur life. u will love it.

welcome to the family! Don't be shy. There are no dumb questions. We were all beginners once.

So here is my first of I'm sure many "dumb questions"

I am trying to make graphics for our stock car....starting with the simple things!!!!

I want to make numbers for the doors & roof, so I have figured out how to pick the font and set the size of the total graphic, but how do I make it in layers (I guess is the right term) so that it is a yellow border with blue numbers.  ( I know the yellow will be the same whole number but bigger)

I really feel helpless :)

what you want is an outline.

In signblazer, select the text. Go to manipulate in the menu.. click 'expand/outline/inline. Select outline. Check keep original. Adjust the thickness of the outline. Play with it a bit. You will end up with 2 separate cuts to make.

what you want is an outline.

In signblazer, select the text. Go to manipulate in the menu.. click 'expand/outline/inline. Select outline. Check keep original. Adjust the thickness of the outline. Play with it a bit. You will end up with 2 separate cuts to make.

I did that but when it was ready to be cut it just showed a border.....will I have to line it up EXACTLY???  I know I won't have to weed the insides out but will it cut just a narrow border??

when you go to cut you should have 2 different colors in the upper left. One is the original,one is the border. You cut one at a time,or can select to cut both together in 2 different colors of vinyl,weed to fit.

According to the Fed Ex site my cutter is "out of delivery"  I am getting impatient I have several files ready to cut already....someone tell the Fed Ex guy to speed!!!! ;D

Bad thing is looks like it is going to beat my vinyl here so I will have to run to the local place and buy some. ;D

Welcome....I know I couldn't wait for my  cutter to show up either.  So much to learn but alot of fun as well.  Enjoy..and go get some vinyl!!  ;D

Jenny

Welcome Teresa, I am certain that you will find this forum to be a wealth of knowledge, full of friendly, helpful folks. And, lest I forget .. I've owned a lot of different equipment in my more than 20 years in screen printing business I've never run across manufacturers who have the customer service that US Cutter has. They some good fellars! You'll like it here.