Sign in to follow this  
ford74

blank sceen?

this is my first time using inkscape to vectorize am image.  the problem is when trace the image and save it in an eps format everything goes good, i saved it in templates and on my desktop, but when i try to open it in my cutting program, it acts like it is working, i get a hourglass for a few seconds then the screen comes up blank???  oh ya i am using winpcsign softwear  any ideas  thanks fellas

when it was giving me fits and tried not to delete eighter one of the images, after i trace the image and select and move it off the top af the other one witch on is the new image, the one on the top or the bottom, maybe that is where i went wrong

Make sure that after you vectorize the image, that you delete the raster photo, and not the vector.

You can also try and delete your vector and just save the selection.

lol im close to giving up. thats what im doing and still nothing  ;D

I have the same problem!

I have a picture in inkscape and saving it as an EPS file and renames it, still shows up blank, i have even tried to delete all other copies of the pic besides the EPS pic, still shows up blank..

im using Vista, inkscape, signcutX2.

If you post the EXACT file you're saving, we might be able to help you better.

As mentioned before, after doing your auto trace in Inkscape, and closing the tracing options box, and you're looking at the image, are you clicking the image and dragging the vector off of the image (which will be under the new vector) and deleting the jpg? 

if you're not sure which is which, then once you have to two of them seperated, press F2 and click on one.  Which ever one has the node editing squares on it, that's your vector.  The other one should present a box around it when you click on it with the tool (after pressing F2 to select it).

Delete the jpg and save it.  One other thing... Make sure the "STACK SCANS" options is unchecked.  If it's checked, each scan it will stack ontop of the other.  The default for this is 8 scans (unless you change it) and you'll have 8 scanned vectors on top of one another.  There more than likely will be some level of clean up necessary when you do an auto-trace with Inkscape (or any program for that matter).  Putting it in WIREFRAME MODE in any of the vector programs will give you a MUCH better view as to what's going on, but posting the image here will help too.