Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

Problem with a banner, need suggestions

Prior to knowing BannerJohn's super secret contact... I purchased a set of banners from a company on ebay. The banners were shipped fairly quickly, nicely rolled up, each in a plastic sleeve, with a rubberband around them. When I went to unroll the banners, the rubberband left a nice crease about 2 feet long right down the middle of the banner. I layed the banners out to see if the crease would work itself out, but that was a no go.

Any suggestions?

Can I put a towel over the banner, and set the iron to low heat?

This is all BannerJohn's fault!!!   :) :) ;D:);D ;D ;D j/k

Thanks for any help, in advance...

I checked with my wife - the avid quilter -- she said that as long as you put a towel over the banner and NEVER let the iron contact the banner you should be fine.

Any type of indirect heat would work as long as the banner is kept flat. Avoid rolling or folding the banner till it is completely cooled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks smalls... I give it a try this morning and post some before and after pics.

That guy has some OK prices, but my problem is I need much larger banners -- most of mine are 3' x 16' --

When I had my sign shop I sold a lot of banners. I was the first one in my town to be computerized for signs. I would buy twenty five banners at a time and had all different colors even though my two most popular colors were white and yellow.

I had nails correctly spaced out on a big rafter that went across midway, in my shop which after hanging them up, let their own weight straighten out any wrinkles. This speeded up my operation, gave the customer a good view of what I had plus gave me a privacy wall where my nosy competition couldn't spy on me.

A customer could come to my shop, place a order and by the time they got back to their business I would have it ready for them.

A tip on super fast signs.

If a customer knows that you can do a sign in fifteen minutes and you charge them a $100. or there abouts they are going to have a bad taste in their mouths and may not do business with you again. If they are in a super rush and you tell them that you will put them ahead of the line, they will be very grateful and may even tip you.  :)

If I finish a regular order in 20-30 minutes I always tell the customer it will be ready in 2-3 days. That way they don't know how fast you do it in

and feel you have really earned your money.

Guest fivestar

Yes slopchops that's a "little" secret I also do with customers.

When I had my sign shop I sold a lot of banners. I was the first one in my town to be computerized for signs. I would buy twenty five banners at a time and had all different colors even though my two most popular colors were white and yellow.

I had nails correctly spaced out on a big rafter that went across midway, in my shop which after hanging them up, let their own weight straighten out any wrinkles. This speeded up my operation, gave the customer a good view of what I had plus gave me a privacy wall where my nosy competition couldn't spy on me.

A customer could come to my shop, place a order and by the time they got back to their business I would have it ready for them.

A tip on super fast signs.

If a customer knows that you can do a sign in fifteen minutes and you charge them a $100. or there abouts they are going to have a bad taste in their mouths and may not do business with you again. If they are in a super rush and you tell them that you will put them ahead of the line, they will be very grateful and may even tip you.  :)

If I finish a regular order in 20-30 minutes I always tell the customer it will be ready in 2-3 days. That way they don't know how fast you do it in

and feel you have really earned your money.

Absolutely! Never,EVER tell them how fast you can do one. I even charge EXTRA for a rush job and they happily pay it.

It all evens out in the end,though. I don't charge extra for a complicated banner that takes all day.

Prior to knowing BannerJohn's super secret contact... I purchased a set of banners from a company on ebay. The banners were shipped fairly quickly, nicely rolled up, each in a plastic sleeve, with a rubberband around them. When I went to unroll the banners, the rubberband left a nice crease about 2 feet long right down the middle of the banner. I layed the banners out to see if the crease would work itself out, but that was a no go.

Any suggestions?

Can I put a towel over the banner, and set the iron to low heat?

This is all BannerJohn's fault!!!   :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D j/k

Thanks for any help, in advance...

I have bought banners from that exact same person. The rubber band is the worst idea anybody ever had.

I just hang mine on the fence for an hour or so on a sunny day and pray that no birds decide to relieve themselves on it.

Why not just buy some Bandanna banner and keep it laying around?  It's cheaper and this way you can make whatever length you want.

I have done that in the past but it doesn't measure true in width. Instead of 24" you get 22",etc. I've had people complain. Besides, like I have posted before, I can get any size banner I want for $.50 cents a square foot,finished with grommets. Bandana banner isn't that cheap.