Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Stepper to servo conversion?

I don't even know if its possible or even worth the time and money, however I was sitting watching Halt And Catch Fire tonight and some reason in my mind i thought why cant I convert my MH series steppers to servos? I'm not electrically inclined but I'm sure its more than just ok remove the stepper motor and install the servo. So my question is what would be the steps and items needed to make this happen, and if anyone has tried this with having success. I know there are a few people on CNC forums that have but no how to's.

how about the new mainboard that can handle the command part of this?  I sure others will have some input but I guess my first question would be why?  why reinvent the wheel when you can get a servo motor plotter already made and calibrated?

Here is the EZ step,,, Hatter..   Take your cursor to USCUTTER.com   And CLICK on  Graphtec CE6000-60,  and watch it show up at your door in approx 2 days... There you have it.... Done simple.  

• Like 5

or for cheaper snatch one of the roland gx24's they have the sale on - even though I am with Carolyn and love the graphtecs.  you know you are in this for the long haul - so get the right cutter to make life easier

Here is the EZ step,,, Hatter..   Take your cursor to USCUTTER.com   And CLICK on  Graphtec CE6000-60,  and watch it show up at your door in approx 2 days... There you have it.... Done simple.  

MZ Skeeter II would love to do that business has slowed way down for me on sublimation and such. I haven't done decals in a long time just got the MH out of storage I know it will be fine for larger decals. And trust me I have been sitting and figuring out financing, figuring out if I can afford payments if I don't get the sales and that pretty much stops me from clicking anything. I'm sold on graphtec hands down.

or for cheaper snatch one of the roland gx24's they have the sale on - even though I am with Carolyn and love the graphtecs.  you know you are in this for the long haul - so get the right cutter to make life easier

Wait who told you I was in it for the long haul I can quit really I can lol.

You would be surprised how much more business you can get with a GREAT cutter...You will be confident that you can do it.. I have seen your great work.. I know you could make GREAT money.  

Great work me ? never I always feel its not complete however I appreciate the compliment. Well I jumped and submitted a lease application so we will see what will happen.

• Like 1

I know the feeling I went with the stepper Titan2 and cutting really small stuff I want a better unit already.

I know the feeling I went with the stepper Titan2 and cutting really small stuff I want a better unit already.

I was in the same boat back in February, called Uscutter they accepted my titan 2 back and allowed me to upgrade to a CE6000-60.

I've cut letters out in HTV that are less than 3/32" tall with zero issues with the Graphtech.

11058268_383975755128853_644530745839860

11027955_383975741795521_182269060728485

Thanks everyone, DC Money that's amazing how small that is I bet it was hard to weed.

Here's the situation

I'm approved unfortunately its not through UScutter even though I wanted to however went to fill it out the page wouldn't open. I went to a competitor and got a call this morning I was busy so I ended up calling them back. I'm approved I got the Graphtec CE6000-60 due to the recommendations from MZ Skeeter and the rest of you, and a Hotronix Fusion Heat Press. The payments are not bad and cant wait to get this going.

However no fret USCutter I will be purchasing other things through you.

• Like 3

GREAT!!!!   Congrats.  ;D   You will love the Graphtec. 

Thanks cant wait to get it maybe 2 weeks or so though which isn't making me happy or money but who knows things may change for the better.

just keep fighting and you will make it - last year I was beat up over and over again with 2 blown engines, and other various life beat downs - so far this year I am recovering and making progress on some items that needed attention - just kept my nose to the grindstone and kept plugging away.  kinda like in days of thunder you have to drive hard thru the smoke and come out the other side!  you can do it Martin

just keep fighting and you will make it - last year I was beat up over and over again with 2 blown engines, and other various life beat downs - so far this year I am recovering and making progress on some items that needed attention - just kept my nose to the grindstone and kept plugging away.  kinda like in days of thunder you have to drive hard thru the smoke and come out the other side!  you can do it Martin

Scott wait a minute I thought I was the only one who liked Days Of Thunder. I'm trying like heck to get some help to get it faster.

Scott wait a minute I thought I was the only one who liked Days Of Thunder. I'm trying like heck to get some help to get it faster.

Harry Hogge: All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car.

Cole Trickle: Hit the pace car?

Harry Hogge: Hit the pace car.

Cole Trickle: What for?

Harry Hogge: Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there, I want you to be perfect.

• Like 2

PS - second cruise stacey and I went on I saw the premier on the ship - now normally  I wouldn't watch a show on a ship but it !was about racin - and rubbin is racin;  

only someone with the sickness would understand but I bet you do!

• Like 1

another movie you might know   " I'm just a big hairy American winning machine, you know?"

• Like 1

That's awesome- in the voice of Ricky Bobby- "It's only the best d*mn movie ever made!"

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, DC Money that's amazing how small that is I bet it was hard to weed.

Here's the situation

I'm approved unfortunately its not through UScutter even though I wanted to however went to fill it out the page wouldn't open. I went to a competitor and got a call this morning I was busy so I ended up calling them back. I'm approved I got the Graphtec CE6000-60 due to the recommendations from MZ Skeeter and the rest of you, and a Hotronix Fusion Heat Press. The payments are not bad and cant wait to get this going.

You're going to be in heaven with the Fusion (cutter too I'm sure). That press is a monster though so have someone help you pick it up or you'll probably add back surgery to the list of expenses. I spent a few jobs re-training my brain so I could get maximum use out of the threadable platen (working upside down on shirts) not that hard once you set your mind to it. Gads, I don't know how I did as much work as I did on my old clunker. 

• Like 1

Here's the situation

It was just time consuming, but it was for a good friend of mine.

You're going to love the Graphtech, the fusion will be awesome too, I was going back and forth between that and a DK20SP and ended up buying a DK20SP (waiting on delivery) mainly because I wanted a pneumatic machine.

Being an apartment dweller business pneumatic wasn't an option however I can see getting a shop and needing one lol I still cant wait for both items.

• Like 1

Being an apartment dweller business pneumatic wasn't an option however I can see getting a shop and needing one lol I still cant wait for both items.

I'm happy for you, and great you took that plunge....I think your going to be a very happy Hatter.. 

I'm happy for you, and great you took that plunge....I think your going to be a very happy Hatter.. 

Mz Skeeter If not I'm gonna bug ya on here all the time lol.  I have already been watching lots of how to videos one day my mind will explode.

• Like 1