Sign in to follow this  
cwbysfan3

importing image for contour cut

I have a Laserpoint II and using SCALP 3 . I have created a few tshirt designs and I need to print them with registration marks

and cut them out. I used Illustrator to create the images and have saved them in pdf, svg, and jpeg. I cant get them to import into

SCALP as just a picture to do a contour cut. The image has all the nodes and some of the colors don't look the same. All the  nodes

show up red and it appears the cutter will cut all the strokes. I only want the outline of the images.  

Is there a way to just import the image and cut around the image without it changing the colors? Any tutorials I can watch?

Thanks in advance!!

Mind sharing the file you are trying to import as well as maybe a jpg of the design to get an idea of how it looks and what the outlines look like, etc? I think it would help us best to help you with those. Otherwise, I would say in Illustrator to check your lines (Ctrl + Y) to see what is being used for cutting. Hope that helps a bit.

It ends up being a combination of your cutter, the software (Scalp)  and in your case the other software (AI) way lots of variables. I would suggest doing some testing with a plotter pen tool on scrap paper before wasting precious transfer material. SCALP should have a plug-in that will place the registration marks while in Illustrator. I use SignCut Pro and the plug-in adds the correct marks around the design. 

I have an optical eye cutter but usually just hand cut things. If I had a bunch it would be worth it or if I needed a consistent white outline or something. I typically try to match the garment color with the edges so my trim is less critical. The other issues with most cutting is leaving enough room around the object for the registration marks while still having a decent sized graphic.