Sign in to follow this  
smoovlatino

Cutting Printed Graphics

Hello... I am new the use of cutters/plotters.  My first questions is very basic - what exactly is plotting and what can it be used for?  My second questions pertains to graphics and cutting.  I have been fooling around with the cutter and can cut vinyl out of solid colors without a problem.  The cutter cannot print, however, I've seen images of cutters cutting graphics that appear to have been printed elsewhere.  Is there a way to print the graphics on a standard inkjet printer and then cut them on the cutter?  How would you be able to do this?  Any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks.

cutter is cutter, ploter- is when you draw/scetch on paper with pen , pencil or watever. to plot you adjust offset value to 0 (zero ) in setup. then use pan where your blade goes and draw on paper or watever you want to draw on. Use on sctching  your work before you cut,  show costumers, draw blue prints...:) use your imagenary

maybe you seeing images with 2 colors> or 3 that colud be done with multyple overlaying, adding your cuts on one another, or yes, you migth cut some stickers you print on printer and cut on copam. i done it, but its little hard, and would take some time and messurments, and test cuts.. hope this help