Sign in to follow this  
StrokeTech92

First Timer

Hello, I'm interested in getting started with a vinyl cutter, I plan do this as a hobby and use it to make decals for my business, and possibly cut templates for screen printing T-shirts for my business. I own a Diesel Repair shop.

The two models I was looking at was the

34" USCutter MH Series

and the

34" USCutter SC Series

These seem like fairly comparable models but I'm guessing the SC is higher quality, what kind of things would you notice on the SC over the MH? Would a very green inexperienced person like myself even notice a difference between the two? Is there any other models I should consider? I have no experience with graphic design or using a vinyl cutter, but I have wanted to get started for years and finally decided i'd make the jump.

Thank you,

Shaun

No comparison get the SC. Do a search for mh and you'll see literally hundreds in not thousands of reasons to get the sc.

I personally started out 3 years ago with the MH 34". It still lives to this day and is a servicable, tempermental, noisy machine. While it has many eccentricities and needed some jury rigging, it is capable of producing nearly as fine detail as my Graphtec CE-5000's.

That being said, Personally I would reccomend the SC series, not only because the delta is very low, but also because it comes with a one year warranty(90 days for the MH).

In addition to that, the MH series is FLAKY when it comes to static. I would imagine you are looking to make decals over 2 feet seeing as you are in a shop. Our MH series sometimes had problems with long decals before we literally grounded it internally to the frame and then an outlet.

Hope ive been of help with my personal experiance!

did you pull the trigger on the SC?  how did it turn out? big learning curve?  do you regret not spending more on a servo motor titan?

did you pull the trigger on the SC?  how did it turn out? big learning curve?  do you regret not spending more on a servo motor titan?

He has not been on since June.......  Any cutter has a learning curve,  mostly on the cutting software.  Most value cutters have the same features, they just have different names for the buttons.

If you can afford higher, buy the best that you can afford..  Stay away from the MH series,,,

• Like 2