Sign in to follow this  
SmallSigns

Cart for LaserPoint

I got crazy today and decided I needed a cart for my new LaserPoint.

This cart is 36" wide, 12" deep and 15 1/2" tall.

The roller on the back will hold up to a 36" roll and will easily lift off for roll changes.

This was constructed mostly out of left over 5/8 white melamine shelves and 5/8 particle board.

It fits nicely under my desk when not in use -- the only problem -- it does not roll too good on the carpet -- I may cut down a heavy duty chair mat to go under it so it will roll better.

If anyone has any questions I will be more then happy to answer them!!

Total construction time (inclucing 1 trip to Home Depot) about 3 hours.

post-1570-12986518163332_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518163776_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518164047_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518164316_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518175855_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518176058_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518176239_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986518176418_thumb.jpg

Thanks -  :) --

By the way -- if anyone needs a slightly used stand for a PCut 24" -- PM me and we can work something out!

what you need are ball casters. They roll much better on carpet. Kinda brass looking,about the size of a tennis ball. When I was in the upholstery biz,that's what we always used for carpet.

here is what I mean:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Shepherd-ball-swivel-casters-2-5-satin-chrome-thread_W0QQitemZ150236426030QQihZ005QQcategoryZ56997QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They also make these "slide-anything-on-anything" things, we've all seen them on the tube. Small, flat things, some are round, etc., they work really well on any type of floor and ll you do is set them under the item and scoot away. I've got them under most everything in my house so that we can easily move stuff around and about to clean. Have them under my desk at the office also.

Back to your cart. Neat project that is multi-purpose.

Thanks for the input guys --- I looked at the ball casters -- the only thing that had at the time was the plastic ones. I have had too many problems with the plastic casters from chairs to cheep furniture -- if I could have found some metal ones I would have used them. This will work for now - I may change them in the future.

shepherd is the brand you want to look for and they should be metal,not plastic. $20 or more for a set of 4 unless you get lucky on ebay.

awesome! I bit the bullet and bought my LP with the stand. no casters, so I put those "furniture sliders" under the four feet. I know that someone asked why the stand didn't come on casters, and I think the answer was that it wouldn't be as stable. Well on the furniture sliders, it's rock solid, and why didn't someone consider the locking casters - like the kind that they put on gas grills?

my problem with the stand is that it's too big and I have nowhere to put it!

I had my PCut o the stand and I stubbed my toe more times then I could count -- this way it rolls under the desk out of the way when not it use.

I would love to be able to nest the cutter under my desk or work table ... but then where are my doggies going to sleep while I work? laugh2.gif