kkeeble

Siser Easyweed

what is the minimum line width on a decal or text for Siser Easyweed.. I have a decal that is peeling is certain areas. It might be due the the line width so i want to beef up that section but don't know how small i can go...

Thank

I've dome some very small stuff. Makes a difference what material it's going on. Some 100% cotton has a tendency to pill worse than others and that fuzz can be a problem. 

I just weeded some Siser a few minutes ago.  Here is a picture of one of the letters.  It is an A 1.826 " tall.  All the small "grunge" splotches weeded fine except for the one circled in red.  Really, it was just too small for the cutter to cut.  It made a little dent there, but not enough to weed out.  Still it made little difference in the end for the thsirt overall.

Mostly it is about how small your cutter can cut rather than the Easyweed.  That little area is about 0.015 " x 0.016 " or around 0.381mm x 0.4064mm

siser.png

I just realized you meant after application not before.  It's like Wildgoose said, depends on the material.  If it starts to come up, repressing or a hot iron can often get it back down.  It could be a cold spot or uneven pressure on your press.

Thank you for the replies.. The logo is going on Gildan 100% cotton tshirt. I am waiting to get the shirt back from the customer to see what the deal is..Maybe parts of the decal just need to be larger in size... I will keep you posted,....

Never hurts to be bigger but I'd take a look and see if the cloth is fuzzing up. If not then check your heat to be sure you are getting full temperature. I have also had failures on shirts near collars or seams before I had a press pillow to combat that.