GraphxNMore

Micromodal - anyone?

Is this stuff safe to press? My daughter's cheer squad is wanting some tanks made for a " cheer war". The only tag on the tanks say "micromodal". This is the best descriprion I could find:

"

What is Micromodal?

This extra fine fiber makes textiles even lighter. It feels like “skin on skin”. You can hardly feel MicroModal® - it is so pleasant.

MicroModal® is the finest cellulose fiber as the macro shot of the comparison between long staple cotton and MicroModal® shows. Textiles of MicroModal® are, therefore, exceptionally light and regular in terms of the structure. Ten thousand meters of this micro fiber weigh only one single gram. Fineness which you can feel.

MicroModal® offers you perfect fineness. The finest fabrics are as light as a feather and naturally cozy next to the skin. One can feel it best on one’s own skin: a super-soft and luxurious feeling. Products of this micro quality are persuasive in both their handle and fineness. Blends with the finest materials such as silk and cashmere are processed to the very finest and lightest textiles. All of this is possible thanks to ultra-fine yarns. MicroModal® yarns can be spun ultra-fine – for articles of clothing which feel like a breath of Nature."

And this on wikipedia:

"Modal is a type of rayon, a semi-synthetic cellulose fiber made by spinning reconstituted cellulose, in this case often from beech trees. Modal is used alone or with other fibers (often cotton or spandex) in household items such as pajamas, towels, bathrobes, underwear and bedsheets." - but this isn't "micro"modal.

I hate to do one as a trial, they weren't all that cheap. LOL

I hope you bought an extra one to test with. I have never pressed on Rayon. Is it super stretchy? 

We used to screen print rayon fabric, that was a long, drawn out, very expensive printing process. I'm not sure I would want to put it in a heat press, but, there's only one way to find out.....

• Like 1