Sign in to follow this  
DCMoney

New Heat Press Model Release Cycle

So the Fusion has been on for 5 years now, how often do companies release new/redesign heat presses?

The only thing I want that the fusion doesn't do is auto open. 

I don't really want to spend the extra money for the pneumatic one and would probably buy the DK20SP if I went pneumatic. Which i'm not against.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I had to calibrate the temp on my fusion and while talking to the tech help at Stahls I asked him if they would ever do an auto open version and he said never. Reason is they have the air fusion for that. It was the ONE thing I wished it did that it doesn't. I have a home based business and really didn't want to run air lines though my house. 

I had to calibrate the temp on my fusion and while talking to the tech help at Stahls I asked him if they would ever do an auto open version and he said never. Reason is they have the air fusion for that. It was the ONE thing I wished it did that it doesn't. I have a home based business and really didn't want to run air lines though my house. 

Bummer.

You'd think they could figure out a way to make it self open without air.

You miss the point. They won't because it will kill sales of the Air Fusion. They know it just like we know it. About the only thing that might bump them to do it would be competition. 

I've seen one of the auto open clamshells from uscutter and all it uses is an electromagnet setup to hold it locked. When the timer ends it cut power and the platen pops up.

I'm sure it's totally buildable but Stahls was pretty adamant they weren't going to build one. Bummed me out just like DCMonkey.