Sign in to follow this  
cummins2012

how to copy and paste text or phrases into SCAL pro 3

Today I had a friend of mine want a decal made for a window on his car, so I googled the phrases and found it and I copied and tried to paste it and nothing. Then I saved it to documents, went into SCAL and clicked on Trace image and got it to come up on SCAL but when I went to cut it, it cut everything out and it also cut a bunch of tiny spots out. WHATS the problem?

Today I had a friend of mine want a decal made for a window on his car, so I googled the phrases and found it and I copied and tried to paste it and nothing. Then I saved it to documents, went into SCAL and clicked on Trace image and got it to come up on SCAL but when I went to cut it, it cut everything out and it also cut a bunch of tiny spots out. WHATS the problem?

If it's text only you should be finding the fonts and retyping it. Tracing text never works.

• Like 2

What E L Design said ^ 

Just try to find the closest fonts that resemble the phrase and wing it from there  :thumbsup:

I always try to avoid auto tracing text because most of the time the outcome isn't great

• Like 1

Its a decal that people have on there cars already, I did a google search for it and found it right click it and save it as. will Sure Cuts A lot pro 3 convert t to Vector?

You stated above that you traced it in SCALP,  That would be a vector.. But many times you have to clean the image up after you trace it, so it will cut clean.  And be very careful of doing copyrighted material.   Those Google images go to people's websites/businesses.

• Like 1