sid136

Help on equimnet and supply

I would like to buy a machine I am thinking the Titan 3 to make vinyl logo's for my families business.  They would stick to heavy equipment to truck doors what would be the best material for this and what machine?  I would also like to make vinyl shirts but what supplies do I need.  I also see the Dye-Sublimation Printer what supplies do I need for this?

the titan3 is a great choice of cutter - along with some oracal 751 and you will be all set up for the equipment decals

on the shirts add a heat press and some siser easyweed for cut vinyl shirt graphics - if you are looking for full photos then I would look at 3g pague for dark shirts or jpss for light shirts - but guessing you just want to put the wording on so the easyweed is quick and durable on all shirts

• Like 1

Titan to me is a good one to start with ..I just got the titan2 a few months back and i love it ,and i also use the oracal 651 and 751 material and love them as well.. I use ai,vector magic,scalp4. choosing a program for what you need is up to you. everyone has their own opinion and each program has ups and downs. I have no complaints on any of mine ,just learning it all is the only thing you need to get down.You will find your own way ..

the titan3 is a great choice of cutter - along with some oracal 751 and you will be all set up for the equipment decals

BUT, if you can fit it into your budget, I would go with the Graphtec CE6000 and you won't have to think about upgrading to a better cutter for a long long time.

Or, if money is no object, go with the Graphtec FC8000.

• Like 4

Thanks for the advice, should i use teflon sheets or polyester mesh or are they are not needed??

BUT, if you can fit it into your budget, I would go with the Graphtec CE6000 and you won't have to think about upgrading to a better cutter for a long long time.

Or, if money is no object, go with the Graphtec FC8000.

I just upgraded from a Titan 2 to a Graphtec CE6000, and like what I've seen so far. 

Thanks for the advice, should i use teflon sheets or polyester mesh or are they are not needed??

Just use some parchment paper from the cooking isle (I buy mine at Costco). It works great for most heat press applications and is cheap. A teflon cover for your lower platen is nice but not a necessity. A lot of people use a teflon sheet over the top and I used to but it developed wrinkles that started showing up in the vinyl so I switched to the parchment paper that I could toss when I get tired of it.  

I'm with Wildgoose with the Teflon I have sheets but only due to heat transfers after they get wrinkles they are gone. Parchment paper is cheaper and readily available. You can also use butcher paper to cover. 

For sublimation you need polyester coated products or poly shirts to print on. The printer you can go with either a Ricoh that uses Gel sublimation ink or an Epson with a continuous ink system or cartridges however refill cartridges are a waste of time you can buy them through cobraink.com. You also need sublimation paper which just type that in Google and you will get various sellers just don't buy it on the big auction site. The only real difference between the Ricoh is Epson is you have to print something every couple of days so the ink doesn't clog.