protek

Images change when going to cut?

Hiya,

Couple questions. When I import a .bmp or .jpg it looks fine in the design screen. I monochrome then vectorise and it still looks fine. But ... then I go to cut it and the image either fills it self in completely or loses almost all of it's detail.

Second question, when I import a .ai or .eps. no image shows up at all. What can I do to fix these problems or what am I doing wrong  ;)

Thanks a bunch

Oh yea, sometimes the image completely disappears to. :)

Can't answer the first, but on the second I learned that the version of AI and eps matters to Signblazer.  Save backwards to version 8 or lower to get the images to recognize.

In Illy CS (vers 11) you actually have to export a legacy file to a backwards version.  It's weird and they should have put it in the "Save As" feature like previously. Took me forever to find it.

Hm, what would the older legacy file be? I have export to everything from bmp to autocad. I can export to bmp or jpg but the first problem arises again. ;)

It only does this with SB. If I use Flexi pro it works fine but cut everything mirrored, go figure. LOL! In flexi all my file can be imported. I would use it but the pcut from US does not like it so I am going to have to use SB or send the whole cutter back. :)

It could be that what you are seeing that looks fine is the jpeg image which is still there. You have to play with the settings to get the vectorized image to look right. First try doesn't always do it.

SB automatically greeks then blanks stuff that it considers too small to cut.

I did a graphic in 1/8 inch letters that SB blocked out all but the caps

Flexi cut the same graphic nicely (remembered to mirror it first)

What does SB consider to small to cut?

Also can anyone help with the program not seeing eps or AI files? Even when I import high quality images from a commercialy purchased disk, it just disappears. It looks like it is importing but nothing shows up on the screen. This is straight strange!  :thumbsup:

Is it possible that my SB is broken? lol.

It's there you just have to look for it sometimes. For some reason, sometimes it doesn't put it inside thework space,or anywhere NEAR it. I finally just made my impoirts so HUGE that I couldn't miss them,then reduce them down bit by bit.

That is probably the one thing about SB that I do not like.

Where do yours go John? I can scro;; up, down and left to right. I just cant find them  ;D

I agree on the too small in SB,  Mine seems to think anything below 1/2 inch should be blocked and anything below 1/4" should disappear completely yet Flexi will cut the same file down to 1/8" or smaller

For the most part SB handles eps files pretty well... dxf and certain AI files SB seems to have a problem with.

They were working on a fix... haven't heard much lately though